What's new
What's new

Can I get some advice on Centerless setup? (been a while)

bigbert74

Plastic
Hello. Been a while. Running a Cincinnati #2 grinder at a new job and just wanted to clarify that the work rest and grinding wheel should be parallel. The grinder is set up now to where if I bring the wheel to the work rest, when it touches on the exit side there is .040-050 gap on the entry side. 8 inch wide wheel, 3” cork on exit side. Pretty sure I know how is supposed to be but just clarifying. Thank you all for your help, now and in the past.

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
I am not very familiar with centerless grinding, but it looks like you got some advice here some time ago that may refresh your memory a bit:

bigbert74

Plastic
I am not very familiar with centerless grinding, but it looks like you got some advice here some time ago that may refresh your memory a bit:

Yeah. I read through those it’s just that I can’t find the information in any manual or online anywhere so I was looking for clarification

tylersteez

Aluminum
You're gonna want to offset the regulating wheel a few degrees in order for it to feed the material thru the machine if thru feeding.