What's new
What's new

Can "Moore Jig Borer Model #3" surface grind flat surfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want you to proceed with your plan above. Please do send us photos step by step as you progress through this project.

Concerns:
- you seem to think that you have the talent, skill and experience to tear-down, re-scrape, replace lead screws and re-build a Moore Jig Grinder.....hm....

Honestly I kinda do, everything are documented in Moore's book(s). This shit ain't rocket science.
Moore made his books dumbass proof, like seriously, no offensive to my dumbasses on this thread, but has anyone ever notice how there are no FUCKING math or formulas in his book(s)?

A kid from kindergarten could do the logics in his books, why?
He was surrounded by complete dumbasses so he had to write his book(s) so that future dumbasses into the 3rd millennium could actually read :reading: what he wanted to express :unsure:.

You got dumbasses scraping shit down to microns 40 PPI, I can teach a bum off of the streets to do this shit, trust me I know what I'm talking about.
I only want to listen to those who says it's possible because it is an art, not a direct "super magic special" skill on scraping.

Man doing calculus III is more difficult than scraping clapped shit.

- you are contemplating taking a manual machine that was never designed with the intent, and turning it into a CNC machine...hm...

Nothing is impossible, you got Grizzly, Bridgeports and PMs, all of them shits are not designed to be converted into CNCs, but hey they're still converted to CNCs and holds down to 1-tents.

What are you trying to say here buddy?
Its not possible? Who are you trying to fool here? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am impressed with your self-confidence.....please DO keep us posted :)

You bet I'll keep you posted, so far proved everyone wrong that I was right on the homebuilt micron level cnc is possible.
Now I'll prove you all the ground braking projects I'll do with a jig grinder model #3.
I don't need to do the proving, it's so obvious...

Also, pretty cool how you morphed two projects, your CNC project, and your grinder project, into a single machine....by the time you are done adding cool additions to this machine, it'll do EVERYTHING :)

I did my homework which you can't comprehend. Making CNCs (the proper and pro way) requires to make your own spindles which are micron accurate. Dumbasses here can only buy shit but can't make jack shit.
A 4th and 5th axis needs a spindle, these are super easy to make, need good metro tools and skills thats all.
However the spindle for the endmill needs to be bought most likely (BT30 ATC?), unless I make my own in small stacks, precision ground them on the model #3 and then bolt them all together, which will be tricky.

• They say he's a mad genius but actually he's just mad.
  • They say he dreams in differential calculus but is scared of arithmetic.
  • They say his teeth are unobtanium and he eats PC boards as snacks.
  • They say he's ahead of his time but we just don't have time.
  • They say he can surface grind on a Moore jig grinder but doesn't know the difference between a grinder or borer.
They call him Rajhlinux but we just call him idiot.

🤣 There is no way this is real. How have I skimmed past this thread for days?

Okay, I'll take a nibble of the bait. Can you articulate for us low IQ folks what the thermal conductivity is of the various materials you're using? How does the surface area of the chip relate to the surface area of the fins and the thermal conductivity of whatever coolant you're planning to use?

If you really want to show me how dumb I am, express these as equations showing what uniform thermal conductivity will look like from the chip surface to whatever eventual radiator surface you have dumping the heat to air. I see:

Chip---> thermal paste---> copper heat sink ---> coolant (water?) ---> radiator

For simplicity, lets assume no heat is lost in the tubing as it flows out to the radiator.
Not only are all these different materials expanding/contracting at different rates, causing all sorts of lateral movement, but the very fact there is thermal paste in the mix (which he admitted he will be using) introduces so much variation in the surface as to make the supposed for need of a ground surface moot. I seriously doubt that a surface quality of less than a thou is required in this application. And furthermore, the surface quality of the GPU itself is likely to be all wobbly as well, again negating the need for a ground surface. What the OP really should be doing is buying a bunch of GPUs and measuring the surface characteristics in order to spec out his solution. He is making a typical beginner mistake of designing a solution without really understanding the problem and having a detailed spec for the problem PRIOR to starting his design.

I also suspect he doesn't really understand business, or market analysis, as he seems to be of the idea that HIS idea is so much better than the other 100 products out there, that he'll have a winner.

He was surrounded by complete dumbasses so he had to write his book(s) so that future dumbasses into the 3rd millennium could actually read :reading:what he wanted to express :unsure:.
How the hell did he know that he was writing a book for you or are you actually so old he personally knew you.

To OP: this statement "Nothing is impossible, you got Grizzly, Bridgeports and PMs, all of them shits are not designed to be converted into CNCs, but hey they're still converted to CNCs and holds down to 1-tents" is a dead give-away that you don't have a clue. The level of accuracy you mention is not achieveable on the machines you mention. You are out of your league and you will need another 5,10,15 years of reading I suspect before you'll even understand how badly uninformed you are.

I'm rapidly coming of the opinion that you are actually a troll, just having fun with the forum. It has been fun, but its getting old.....

Not only are all these different materials expanding/contracting at different rates, causing all sorts of lateral movement, but the very fact there is thermal paste in the mix (which he admitted he will be using) introduces so much variation in the surface as to make the supposed for need of a ground surface moot.
No, no, no, you're wrapped up in the surfaces. He would need to know the answer to what I asked if he had any hope of sizing the fins at all. Otherwise he has no idea if what he's trying to do is possible, or a fool's-errand.

Good job on googling peltier coolers.

So what exactly is the difference between your high IQ direct die water block and everyone else who is already running a waterblock on their delidded cpu?

So you're the one using google to help you stay out from Patrick's cave. As again I don't want to sell water blocks directly, I want to custom design them for specific computer builds which the entire computer is being sold with it.

I don't think there are any companies making them, last time I checked there weren't any... there could be only few of them now.
I just simply want to build high end gaming PCs which are water cooled using 100% custom water blocks with delidded CPUs because I can make crazy interesting designs on how the piping configurations are applied and increase cooling efficiencies by adding different micro fin patterns and how all the water cooling setup organically/naturally connects with one another of other water blocks (CPU, Northbridge Southbridge, RAM stick etc). My designs will be more smaller and modular than the commercial stuff, it will also look much cooler too.

You see all the sheeps are using the same waterblock vendor, because it's a monopoly on it right now.
One sheep sees he got 100% same product like the other sheep when they talk about water cooled delidded water blocks.
However I'll be the only company selling computers that uses custom made water cooled delidded water blocks, it looks different and have better performances, therefore sheeps will not buy the same common vendor and would like to explore different brands such as mine.

This is why Marc and myself will be in the business long term.

In the dumbass consensus stakes you are obviously the clear leader seeing as everyone thinks you're an idiot. I really think you should go set up a YouTube channel and switch off comments so that you can pontificate into your own little echo chamber. As others have said about reading your posts you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. And when it comes to machine tools and their abilities you definitely take the top podium stakes in stupidity.

Now do us all a favour and go over to the hobby machinists forums where you clearly belong.

You're completely right. Monkeys like you forgot how wrong you were about being in complete denial of homemade CNCs being able to hold micron level tolerances. When was the last time you had your banana mr? I'm writing these posts so that the future dumbasses of yourself can realize how much of a great ape you were then, now and future.

To save you from being tracked with these posts, I do work in computer science, Web 3 tech is out there and getting better, all of these posts someday will be almost impossible to be deleted, its like a black hole. If you got the time now, quickly change your user names and address location. There are advanced AI which are scraping the web and storing data, connecting the dots who-is-who, something like facebook.
People can search your username/real name and see what your posting, what you have posted, who you're closely associated too, overall this will affect you to be able to get good jobs. Imagine HR sees how much of great dumbass you are. There will be a dumbass status level and it shows max dumbass. Don't be surprised you couldn't get the job. But most dumbasses here will never work in good job sectors such as in tech, where they do these social and web analysis of you. You need to be smart and not stuck only working at a machine shop to work in these tech fields.

One Stop Systems is making a computer with a sealed liquid cooling system
They mostly do high end specials and military computers..
Likely cost close to $5K to buy one.

One could add CNC controled ball screws to the long and cross feed on the moore jig grinder/mill and have a cool machine.
Put an end mill in to rough and then finish with a grinding wheel..very cool.

It would be the best CNC router for sure.

You're completely right. Monkeys like you forgot how wrong you were about being in complete denial of homemade CNCs being able to hold micron level tolerances. When was the last time you had your banana mr? I'm writing these posts so that the future dumbasses of yourself can realize how much of a great ape you were then, now and future.

To save you from being tracked with these posts, I do work in computer science, Web 3 tech is out there and getting better, all of these posts someday will be almost impossible to be deleted, its like a black hole. If you got the time now, quickly change your user names and address location. There are advanced AI which are scraping the web and storing data, connecting the dots who-is-who, something like facebook.
People can search your username/real name and see what your posting, what you have posted, who you're closely associated too, overall this will affect you to be able to get good jobs. Imagine HR sees how much of great dumbass you are. There will be a dumbass status level and it shows max dumbass. Don't be surprised you couldn't get the job. But most dumbasses here will never work in good job sectors such as in tech, where they do these social and web analysis of you. You need to be smart and not stuck only working at a machine shop to work in these tech fields.
Be careful what you wish for. YOU TOO are getting all your posts inserted into those AI databases.

AND, don't presume that everyone on this forum is a machinist....some of us have far greater computer skills than you will ever achieve.....

Be careful what you wish for. YOU TOO are getting all your posts inserted into those AI databases.

AND, don't presume that everyone on this forum is a machinist....some of us have far greater computer skills than you will ever achieve.....
He is blinded by ego and will fall hard when reality strikes. Either a troll or sick. I hate demeaning anyone, but he has insulted everyone here.
OP
What will prospective employer think about you on your posts here. A real team player eh.

He is blinded by ego and will fall hard when reality strikes. Either a troll or sick. I hate demeaning anyone, but he has insulted everyone here.
OP
What will prospective employer think about you on your posts here. A real team player eh.

I'm thinking on the spectrum.

Years ago I played a semi-competitive FPS game. We all took it quite seriously. There was one player who nobody knew, he played frequently but didn't play in a team, never spoke in voice etc. His play style was to hide in a bush or some similar obscured location and shoot at people, usually missing and just being a mild irritation. He was an exceptionally terrible player and was the butt of everyone's jokes, including mine, until one day it occurred to me that he might have some kind of disability that makes him unable to play properly, or maybe he's a really old guy with poor eyesight and no reflexes. I never found out either way, but I felt bad and stopped talking shit about him after that realisation.

It's not always easy to gauge who you're really interacting with online.

One thing I found out about the iron game is you may start not being particularly humble but the job itself has a habit of making you humble. So much to learn, so little time. You’re always working with guys that are so much smarter than you. That’s if you’re actually getting your hands dirty and not spending all your time on YouTube.

Regards Tyrone.

One thing I found out about the iron game is you may start not being particularly humble but the job itself has a habit of making you humble. So much to learn, so little time. You’re always working with guys that are so much smarter than you. That’s if you’re actually getting your hands dirty and not spending all your time on YouTube.

Regards Tyrone.
I like to think I am a decent metal therapist/coach. It will do exactly what it wants to, we just have to encourage it that it wants to do the same thing as we want it to do.
YouTube and even printed word doesn’t show how easy it is to be outsmarted by a lowly price of steel. Moving parts-they will humble most mortals quick.

To op- if you can make a mill that chases tenths that is your multimillion dollar businesses.

Regards Tyrone.
It's evident that utube,the internet and video games have had an effect on at least one generation of young adults.
I think it was about 2001 when I noticed my three boys sitting in front of video games on a sunny saturday afternoon. I turned it off and told them to go outside and do something.
The computer has changed society. Some good, some bad.
Reality can be lost in everything read or watched on the computer.

I bought 24- 10' 2x6's at Lowes several weeks ago. They sent a young man to help load. He stood and did nothing and watched for a minute as I loaded a couple boards. Then he grabed a board and made short movements hesitating as he moved. I almost told him that I didnt need any help. It was evedident he just didnt know how to handle the wood. I showed him how to handle one and he did a little better,but not much.
I dont think he knew how to work at 18 years old. I think some parents just never teach their kids how to do any manual labor. I'm probably out of touch with our world today.

I hope this OP does well in life but needs to come down to earth with the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back