What's new
What's new

Cant make duplicate drive Hyundai HIT 840c

Found a guy in Phoenix, SworksLLC, so far he’s just had me try to isolate where the problem might be. Found another guy in Ontario, Canada. Had me send him the controller, 12 slot cages with boards, he just it in. Also, anyone looking for the gearbox to the probe I have 25 new ones with instructions and bolt kits, I placed an order two years ago directly with NIDEC, who bought Japan servo. They will fit the Hyundai 8S and the Mazak QT10 and QT8, all built on the same frame.

I have his contact info. Ill pm you tomorrow. No idea if hes still around.

I'm interested why that Startech duplicator didn't work. Very strange. The only time I've run into what you describe is if the target HDD is smaller than the original HDD.

I've copied HDD's for Siemens on mine and it worked flawlessly, even when changing HDD type. It is the very first step I take when I acquire a machine with a HDD, particularly Heidenhain or Siemens.

I'm interested why that Startech duplicator didn't work. Very strange. The only time I've run into what you describe is if the target HDD is smaller than the original HDD.

I've copied HDD's for Siemens on mine and it worked flawlessly, even when changing HDD type. It is the very first step I take when I acquire a machine with a HDD, particularly Heidenhain or Siemens.
My IT guy said its a weird type of ancient IDE drive that is too old to duplicate. I forget exactly why

My IT guy said its a weird type of ancient IDE drive that is too old to duplicate. I forget exactly why

This is interesting, I almost bought a lathe exactly like the one you have a very long time ago and it did have a HDD issue. I would like to understand this more before I invest in something similar, it would be good to know if your experience was unique or if the same results are likely for all controls of that type and vintage.

Found a guy in Phoenix, SworksLLC, so far he’s just had me try to isolate where the problem might be. Found another guy in Ontario, Canada. Had me send him the controller, 12 slot cages with boards, he just it in. Also, anyone looking for the gearbox to the probe I have 25 new ones with instructions and bolt kits, I placed an order two years ago directly with NIDEC, who bought Japan servo. They will fit the Hyundai 8S and the Mazak QT10 and QT8, all built on the same frame.
Damn I stopped bidding on a non powered up Hit 8S at auction which sold for $500 two weeks ago. The seller listed the main problem as a broken probe arm (motor was apart in the photos). Didn't know if it was otherwise dead but probably would have gambled more on it if i had known.

Back