What's new
What's new

Centerless balancing

Not a dead try. Just a u-12 grinder and hourglass shape or s straight taper sometimes
Leave the dresser lets say 2 degrees and then add more angle to the reg wheel. So adjust it to say 2.25 degrees and run some parts. If you are still getting a hour glass shape increase the angle some more until the part is straight. I like to see the parts stop grinding about 3/4 of the way thru the grinding wheels if that make sense.

Makes sense. I also noticed yesterday (before he pulled me off the machine) after I dressed the wheel and ran a few parts there were marks at the first and last inch of the grinding wheel. Like it was grinding heavier there. I will try adjusting th angle. Thank you again!!

Trying to get 7 reduction in one pass is hard to dial in.

Try 2 or 3 passes.

To dress the reg wheel for that much reduction will need at least as much taper as the reduction.

What angle support?

With less than 1 reduction you can set the reg wheel dress with a cylinder setup part

Just spray it with dychem and and let it roll on the support you can also measure the height with a height Gage.

Guess I should have mentioned we do 3 passes on each part. Probably do 75-100 parts per order. Still not back on the machine today. Which is ok with me. Lol.

Put old wheel back on today. (Despite its small size)Actually got a job finished. Anyone have info on how small a wheel can get and be safe. The part that hangs over the recess for the flange is maybe 3/4 inch

Down to about 9/16in of wheel above the recess. Can't find information on when they could break just that wheels are like glass. Idk wheel manufacturer has not answered me

grinding wheels

How do I know if my wheel is unbalanced? Symptoms? Got a new wheel. Not sure if it's a different wheel or something else is wrong

When you first balance your wheel, on the table, with the arbor, then install and dress a new wheel, you should take it off and re-balance the wheel. You balanced an unround wheel, with it dressed, it may be unbalanced. re-balance, redress. Check for the ping.

make sure everything is clean, and installed proper, checking all taper fits.

back to the grind!

Back