What's new
What's new

Change Doosan turret to use 24 stations

ADHDtech

Plastic
Currently we have a Doosan Puma 3100LY with a possible 24 station turret but we are only using 12. The vision drive is set to have 24 stations but I need to find the other parameter I need to change in order to get to the 13-24 half stations. In manual etc. it only goes 1-12 and then back to 1. The faceplate on the turret also shows 1-24 stations.
Before I dig too far into this side project I was hoping someone on here has done this before and could troubleshoot it for me.

On my Wia it is just a simple M code you need to input in the morning. Go to t101 then enter M196.
Then turret has 24 indexes per full rotation. At the end of the day before we shut down we must go back to t101 and enter M197. If we dont we need to rezero our turret once we turn the machine back on. Not a big deal but still takes a few minutes. Your machine may vary.

ADHDtech

Plastic
Yea we have the half index tool holders already. I feel like there is just some parameter I am missing. Last time I had this issue on a different machine it was because someone reset the vision drive back to factory settings so I just had to fix the parameters on that but this one's parameters all look good like they are setup for 24 already in the vision drive.
I would really hope I don't need to have them do a procedure every time they start up the machine because it wont happen. Also my machine is showing M196 and M197 as inposition check disable/enable.
I want to go over to the machine and look in the ladder, data, and keep relays to see if that will point me in the right direction but they have someone on it that will just be staring at me the whole time waiting to run the parts.

Last edited: