What's new
What's new

Charlotte/Raleigh NC Region

.KevinN.

Plastic
Anybody on here in one of these cities? I’m planning on moving to NC but I’ve never been there. My only criteria at the moment is which city has better employment opportunities for someone with 10 years experience, majority of it in Aerospace.

You know, I was more than willing to go back to my native AZ. But my family can’t handle the 125 degree summers. I can’t stand the snow, and they can’t stand the heat, so NC seems like the happy medium.

You know, I was more than willing to go back to my native AZ. But my family can’t handle the 125 degree summers. I can’t stand the snow, and they can’t stand the heat, so NC seems like the happy medium.

Haha,I tell everybody that. You just wait until humidity hit yous. You won't be able to walk off the porch with out sweating. Then the Hurricanes

I would say Raleigh as the traffic sucks just a little less than Charlotte. There's a lot going on between Winston-Salem and Durham too. I know General Dynamics in Greensboro just had a big job fair last Friday. Lots of aerospace opportunities to be had in NC.

Affordable housing is going to be your issue. Both cities are a hot bed and houses are going for crazy money. We moved from Charlotte in 2019 just when things were starting to heat up. Sold our house for over our asking price and got the offer within 24 hours of our listing.

I'm outside of Raleigh. The Triangle is a nice area of NC- a couple of hours to the mountains or the beach.

Lots of high tech here, and aerospace in the triad (Greensboro / Winston-salem) area. NC has a pretty good balance politically and economically.

Back