What's new
What's new

CHMER WEDM - Not turning on spark power or flush with G01

e30ryan

Aluminum
Hello all,

Trying to train myself how to use this 2007 CHMER CW360S. There is a learning curve :)

I am stumped with what happened this evening while fooling around. It was running the code just fine, then it struggled with a wire re-thread so I manually thread and tried starting the program over.

When it gets to a G01 line, it USED TO turn on the spark/edm power and flush pump. For some reason, it is not doing this anymore! I restarted the controller, but it didn't help. I can manually turn on the high pressure flush pump, spark power, etc. and do manual MDI cuts, so at least I know those systems do work.... They just aren't getting kicked on automatically. I even loaded some other programs that worked historically, but again, no spark power or flush.

I have verified that Dry Run is NOT active. I ran with Dry Run On and it behaved like a dry run (faster move speeds).

Here is the code - it's just a few simple cuts because I am trying to play around with the wire cut and feed commands (M20 & M21).

My S100 data exists and is suitable for the cut.

Thanks in advance for helping this noob out...

O0005 (WIRE CUT FEED TEST)
G20

S100 H011 (SPARK AND OFFSET DATA)

G54 G90 X-0.1 Y-0.1
G92 X-0.1 Y-0.1

G00 Y-0.25

M20 (WIRE FEED)
M43 (CLOSE TANK)
M40 (FILL TANK)
M44 (WAIT FOR TANK FULL)

G01 X0.25
M21 (CUT WIRE)
G00 X-0.1 Y-0.5
M20 (WIRE FEED)
G01 X0.25
M21 (CUT WIRE)
G00 X-0.1 Y-0.75
M20 (WIRE FEED)
G01 X0.25

M41 (TANK FILL OFF)
M42 (DRAIN TANK)
M45 (WAIT TANK FULL OFF)
M30 (PROGRAM END)

Last edited:
Alright, problem solved.... For those noobs who may run into this in the future. I think I must have been messing with some of the restart "switches" and the machine was trying to dry run to a previous point before turning everything on.

Please carry on :)

Back