What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Shear motor help

joebass

Aluminum
Does anyone have a Cincinnati mechanical shear with a 7.5hp motor? I need RPMs and pulley size. My new to me 1/4x10 came with a 5hp 1760RPM, and it burned out with this cold weather. When It was running it took a good 2 minutes to get to speed. After searching around I realized this wasn't the original motor.

dana gear

Hot Rolled
I have a Cincinnati mechanical plate shear, it's a little bigger than yours in length.
1/4" X 12' The factory motor is 15 H.P. 1750 RPM. The drive pulley on the motor is about 6-1/2".
I am not surprised your motor burnt up taking a good 2 minutes to ramp up to speed.
Ours goes from starting to operation speed in about 6-7 seconds.

Bondo

Hot Rolled
My wysong 1/4 x 10 mechanical has the same motor and pulley size. My shear, according to wysong, was built specifically for stainless work. So I'm assuming that means, same everything but bigger motor.

A normal size motor on a 1/4 x 10 on Cincinnati and Wysong is 7.5 HP. At least that is what I have seen when I went searching for a shear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

joebass

Aluminum
Cincinnati replied to my inquiry. They want me to call their parts dept and order a new motor and pulley. That's not going to happen for a 50 plus year old shear. Everyone I find on Google and Ebay has a 7.5hp motor. There's thousands of these shears out there, someone has to be able to take a look at the motor tag and get a pulley measurement.

Bondo

Hot Rolled
You would be surprised. They have all the parts for my 230 ton press brake from 1982. Cincinnati is great for parts and service.

As long as you pay your $500 a yr service plan.

joebass

Aluminum
No, I meant that's not going to happen because I'm NOT paying inflated prices through Cincinnati. I can find a used motor for a fraction of the price, and the pulley I have may be correct, or may not be. I'm certainly not going to buy one until I find out.

Bondo

Hot Rolled
I don't blame you. I know that every part takes us sq footage on their warehouse, but if you think that's bad, try getting parts for brand new industrial food processing machines. I make some items, charge 3x for them, and I'm still half the price.