What's new
What's new

Clark C500Y45 Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit? Help Needed Finding one

dalmatiangirl61

Diamond
The fuel (gasoline) pump on my Clark C500Y45 forklift is spewing gas from the seam on the diaphragm, Clark quoted me $400 something for a new pump, and said there was no rebuild kit. I see no mfr name on the pump, there is a little tag with this info "RD342 2814" google is not finding anything for it. Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for this pump?

I have considered going to an electric pump, but the machine already has a host of electrical problems and its too damn cold to worry about them right now, I just need to get it running again.

Looking at the quote from June I think the part# is 1625352. I don't think its Asian, but its been a long time since I worked on cars and just not sure. Pics of pump below, can get pics of engine if needed tomorrow. It was a nasty grease blob, cleaned it this AM hoping to find more info on it.

Attachments

• f pump 1.JPG
    f pump 1.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 6
  • f pump 2.JPG
    f pump 2.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 6
  • f pump 3.JPG
    f pump 3.JPG
    453.4 KB · Views: 6
  • f pump 4.JPG
    f pump 4.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 6
Pump is an AC........fitted to any number of motors diesel and gas........Id say a Perkins dealer would likely have the cheapest kit .......or eliminate the pump with an electric one .........TVH forklift parts will also have a kit ........incidentally,IIRC,diesel diaphragm is black ,gasoline is red (maybe).

Bill
Thank you! I'll sharpie that info on the underside of the seat for future reference.

Google search for "fuel pump 1625352" shows NAPA has a pump that looks correct in picture, if the lever arm is not right I'll steal the diaphragms out of it, its only $42.99, application says 55-57 Chevrolet?
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/DFP...pla&gclid=CjwKCAiApvebBhAvEiwAe7mHSF46ukjAvIo

John
I'm in the Pilbara of the U.S. :D , my choice is NAPA, or order on the internet.

Last edited:
The fuel (gasoline) pump on my Clark C500Y45 forklift is spewing gas from the seam on the diaphragm, Clark quoted me $400 something for a new pump, and said there was no rebuild kit. I see no mfr name on the pump, there is a little tag with this info "RD342 2814" google is not finding anything for it. Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for this pump?

I have considered going to an electric pump, but the machine already has a host of electrical problems and its too damn cold to worry about them right now, I just need to get it running again.
This should have a Waukesha D155G engine with a "Clark" cast in the Valve Cover.!

Back