What's new
What's new

CNC Lathe only moves half the required distance

Ok so I have narrowed the problem down to our lathe not being able to call G172: Diameter programming override. Every time I try to use it the error message just reads invalid gcode. Is there an alternative way to use G172, or like teach the machine G172? I also have the machine OS (I hope) in an attached image.
Also in the code I am aware of the 0 not being 0.0, the machine will not allow me to overwrite the value for some reason. I try to alter it with my input as X0.0, but it shows up in the code as X0.

i think G171 / G172 were introduced recently for mill/turn programming, to switch modes on the fly.
Setting 285 is a ngc setting, but i think there's a comparable setting for radius / diameter (setting 85?) in Coldfire machines.

Yeah I am confused. It sounds like the machine is in diameter mode. If X5. is entered the machine cuts at 2.5 over 0 so it would make a diameter of 5. This is typically the preferred method of lathe operation.

Kitty can you tell us what the diameter is of the material the machine cuts at when you enter X5.

Reactions: Ox

Back