What's new
What's new

CNC Machinist/Programmer Massachusetts $30-$40/hr

Micmac1

Cast Iron
Looking for an experienced CNC machinist/Programmer with both lathe and mill experience. Machinist is responsible for programming and machining parts to print, complete. We are a job shop, high mix low volume work, mostly serving the power gen industry. Different materials and parts almost daily. Competitive pay, Health insurance, IRA w/ match, paid time off, paid vacation time. Position is full time 40hrs/week, generally no overtime. Mon-Friday 7:30-4:30. Would consider part time, or flexible schedule to right candidate. Our oldest CNC machine is a 2017, most machines are less than a few years old. Good equipment, clean shop. Have CamWorks & Fusion 360, pick your poison. Established business over 20 years old, never had a layoff.

That hourly rate is rather low for what your asking, especially in the northeast. We fill similar roles at 60-80/hr in boston...

Believe it or not, hourly rates vary quite a bit throughout the state. The folks in Boston are often making double what we are out in Western Mass and Southern VT.

I think the OP mentioned in his other thread that he's in central mass, so probably Worcester or around that area.

i find that with programmers you really get what you pay for. Want a part with a simple part with a few simple features? That is $35. Need a wing spare with not chatter, no blending, that runs without snapping tools, and under quote time, That's $70-$90. That is my experience.

Sign me up!
Believe it or not, hourly rates vary quite a bit throughout the state. The folks in Boston are often making double what we are out in Western Mass and Southern VT.

I think the OP mentioned in his other thread that he's in central mass, so probably Worcester or around that area.
I have seen $60-$70 in swiss style production and medical production shops for programmer, who is programming an entire shop in eastern mass (boston), and then the same postion is western ma for $30. We are right in the middle, and looking for a guy to program and operate a 3 axis mill and a 2 axis lathe, I feel like we are in the right ball park on pay for the area however, the right candiate we would be willing to work with them on pay.

Back