What's new
What's new

Companies to buy logo stamps from

Strostkovy

Stainless
We are switching from making our parts with plasma to laser. However the plasma table has a pneumatic engraver option that the laser does not, and the laser cannot cleanly engrave deep enough for our logo to be visible beneath powder coat.

Can anyone recommend a shop to order a custom logo stamp from? We would ideally mount it in a press brake, with 20 tons available. Approximate logo size is 2x7 and fairly simple (all one depth) into 5052 aluminum.

I'm sure any shop could make us one but it would be more cost effective to find one that specializes in that I think.

Strostkovy

Stainless
20 tons seems light for 2 x 7, especially concentrating the force in a press brake

are you embossing or stamping?

The press brake is 70 ton (and soon 100 ton) but 20 tons is the most I want to exert over that small of an area.

Stamping, as the aluminum is typically 1/8" or 1/4" thick.

We were line engraving these, so the actual area being pressed would be fairly small. I'm hoping 20 tons is enough.

boslab

Titanium
I have seen a roll stamp, less pressure, the positive is engraved on a roughly 4” roll, and hand cranked through, very adjustable however a 4th axis and steel capable cnc is required, unless you have an old gorton laying around, oil harden I think
Mark

snowman

Diamond
The press brake is 70 ton (and soon 100 ton) but 20 tons is the most I want to exert over that small of an area.

Stamping, as the aluminum is typically 1/8" or 1/4" thick.

We were line engraving these, so the actual area being pressed would be fairly small. I'm hoping 20 tons is enough.

Good! Just wanted to make sure you weren't going to turn your press brake into a noodle. 20 ton press brakes are sorta wimpy.