What's new
What's new

Contact alert with FX20K

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
I'm having a problem not being able to clear out a "contact" alert on our EDM. I've looked every where for a piece of something that might be causing it and I can't find anything. I'm hoping this has happened to someone else. When I press "collect" to manually thread the wire the contact light is out and stays out while its threading.. When I hit wire feed it comes back on. I was thinking it might be the chopper but I disassembled it and couldn't find anything. The contact light comes on whether the wire is threaded or not when you press "wire feed". Any wise solutions for me?

Retrace your wire path back to your spool, double checking that the wire is between the wheels and follows the correct path. 9/10 for me the wire slipped from one of the wheels when I was putting in a new spool of wire. If that all looks good your next best bet is looking in your top and bottom head. I usually take it apart and as I am going through I hit each new layer with a light burst of air to try and clear any small wire that may have gotten stuck during cutting. This has always done the trick for me if my wire path is correct.

Best of Luck,
-AGMantz

Check where your power feeders are upper and lower, and where it cuts the wire. Some times wire can get twisted in the wheels and doesn't spit it out. I wind up having to use tweezers to pull it out.

Tvalen1432

You may want to pull the lower head isolator plate off and check for debris/dirt build up causing the contact issue.
Also, check the pipe/tube that leads to the chopper is clear.

Back