What's new
What's new

Contact for SPI repair

SShep71

Hot Rolled
I wanted to try to reach out to someone at SPI (Swiss Precision Instruments) and see if there is any support for some repairs I need for some measuring equipment. I don't see any direct way to contact them, is there something I am missing, does anyone have a good contact number for SPI?

SPI isn't what it once was. It is now a just brand owned by McMaster Carr.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Like Tery said, I think you'd be better off reaching out to a third party like Long Island Indicator or others.

Long Island Indicator hasn't been at all responsive for a long time. Anyone know whether or not they are even in business and what the turn-around time might be?

I thought the same thing but just went to their site and it looks refreshed. The front page states "We are open for business and prepared to repair your gages." I see 2021 Copyright and pricelist with an estimated 3 week turnaround for test indicators so maybe things have changed. I doubt that they would repair any of the current SPI offerings, however.

Can't help with your problem but I would gladly sit in jail for the next 30 years for choking the dumbass to death who coined the phrase "reach out". It must've been one of those HR type idiots.

Can't help with your problem but I would gladly sit in jail for the next 30 years for choking the dumbass to death who coined the phrase "reach out". It must've been one of those HR type idiots.

Originally in the 1960s to encourage the use of long distance service. " Reach out and touch someone" was the whole phrase. Now assholes use it as though it were standard English. I'm almost 72 years old and by the time I die I won't recognize my native language.

Do you also sit by your window waiting to yell at people to get off your lawn?

Originally in the 1960s to encourage the use of long distance service. " Reach out and touch someone" was the whole phrase. Now assholes use it as though it were standard English. I'm almost 72 years old and by the time I die I won't recognize my native language.

old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg

SPI measuring tools are neither Swiss or precision and have not been for years. They are cheap Chinese junk sold under a number of different brand names. Since they are made in China, Long Island Indicator won't touch them.

If they are old SPI tools actually made in Switzerland, you may be in luck getting them repaired.

I wanted to try to reach out to someone at SPI (Swiss Precision Instruments) and see if there is any support for some repairs I need for some measuring equipment. I don't see any direct way to contact them, is there something I am missing, does anyone have a good contact number for SPI?

Contact Mark Ratkowski depending on what it is he might be able to fix it for you, his email is in the image.

MRtools.jpg

dee
;-D

Last edited:

Back