What's new
What's new

Converting from Quickbooks 2019 desktop to online version - any issues or problems?

AndyF

Stainless
Quickbooks will stop supporting QB2019 at the end of May. I am considering converting to the online version since this seems to be the path QB is trying to force everyone to get on.

What issues or problems should I expect in the transition? Additionally, if I am working remotely, can I use an iPad to access the online version?

Quickbooks will stop supporting QB2019 at the end of May. I am considering converting to the online version since this seems to be the path QB is trying to force everyone to get on.

What issues or problems should I expect in the transition? Additionally, if I am working remotely, can I use an iPad to access the online version?
I did the same thing last year. I purchased the online 2022 version and hated it. Not as easily accessible as desktop for someone who needs to jump in and get it done in 2 mins vs a secretary.

Just talk to a QB tech, and they will give you the 2022 desktop version and a yearly subscription. It is the same desktop version.

The online version sucks balls. New book keeping company installed it and I lasted about a week. Get that crap outta here. Good if you have mostly remote needs and a remote book keeper (and little work). Lag time makes it useless for a manufacturing business. It took a few hours but QB did convert the online stuff back to desktop version. Had to keep the online version for about a year, did nothing with it.
QB will want you to upgrade very soon and if you hit their upgrade key it will point you to 2 new upgrades. More expensive versions with features I have little use for. Poke around and you will find the new version of what you have for about half of what you see on their screen.
They even went so far as to tell me I had to speak with someone before I could get the 2022 version of what I had. Nope. Did the pay and download last week, payroll included. Will install Monday.

Dealing with this myself. Since I dont have my bank linked etc, it looks like I will be ok continuing with the old version. I dont do payroll or have any accounts linked. Hard to really tell for sure if it will still be usable past the end of May

I'm running whatever version they sold in 2013, multi seat, works great. Well, as great as QB can be. The ONLY thing so called "support" is needed for is for the ever changing payroll function. I felt it was more efficient to use a payroll service so I could care less about QB payroll.

Just thankful I got in in before this subscription BS cash grab.

I've heard the same complaints about the online version and personally had an instance where it was impossible to switch from online files to local files (a small acquisition that was using the online service)

Back