What's new
What's new

coolant mixing with less fiddling - experiences with dosatron, mixrite, comparable?

bryan_machine

Diamond
While I am cost sensitive (i.e. not completely daft - yet), this isn't a business/ROI discussion. It's about quality of shop life. I have found that a somewhat spendy Freddy vacuum has *really* improved my quality of life by making dealing with coolant and sumps less of a chore.

When I found out I could mix coolant with the water straight of my tap (we have good water in Seattle metro area) that reduced aggravation hugely.

I got a venturi mixer, and it's better, at least a little, over using a paint paddle on a drill..... But I have to chase it....

I'm now looking to mixing devices (sometimes called "injectors" at least in ag use?), water powered (water hammer piston?) that will hopefully require less fiddling to hit and hold concentration.

Local vendor apparently has MixRite brand, web mostly points to Dosatron - they appear to be the same thing more or less. Would seem to be in a price range I can tolerate (let's say <$1000 for this) And of course the web if full of people extolling their virtues - for mixing fertilizer or herbicide into irrigation.... :skep:

Anybody have any experience with these devices, similar devices, or competing technologies in let's say the $1K-ish or less price range?

(Using hangsterfer's S500CF, in process of switching to Qualichem Xtreme 250C for less gooey residue - so pretty standard coolant mixes - but not especially related to ag products....)

Experience? Observations?

I bought a new old stock Dosatron cheap off eBay. They are awesome. In the old shop the Dosatron was running off a R/O filter system that had an extremely low flow rate. It was so slow that a venturi mixer didn't work right, but the Dosatron didn't care at all. The Dosatron is really nice for frugal shop owners too, because you can hook it up to a 5 gallon bucket just as easy as a drum or a tote. Just set it and forget it.

Dosatron and Doseamatic are definitely in the sub $1000 range. I used it for greenhouse fertigation. One of two is a cheaper clone of the other, don't remember which is the originator.

Back