What's new
What's new

Craigslist funny time!

It was bad enough looking through the pics at all this un-used equipment, but then when you look at the list, you find out that there are MULTIPLES of each item!

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was curious about the location of that "firearms manufacturer." The address is 44 Hull Street, Randolph, VT and that is a huge building with multiple tenants. One is https://vermonthempprocessing.com/about-us/ a company that is involved with hemp and not the kind from which rope is made.

I did find two FFL holders listed at that address, but looks like that business did not last long. Those machines do not look like they could make small arms ammunition.

1. Hausman, Robert M (0.00 miles)
    44 Hull Street
    Randolph, VT 05060
  2. Max Ammo LLC (0.00 miles)
    44 Hull St
    Randolph, VT 05060
Larry

that drill set is a deal

One could easily make a manufacturing line by just adding controls and feeds, Just 80 miles away I should consider making an offer.
I met a fellow in Detroit who was making a good living using two simple drill presses that were rigged automatic and running drill-and-tap of a small part.
Yes, a vibrator feeder at one end and a big bin at the other end of his homemade line in his basement.

Last edited:
I was curious about the location of that "firearms manufacturer." The address is 44 Hull Street, Randolph, VT and that is a huge building with multiple tenants. One is https://vermonthempprocessing.com/about-us/ a company that is involved with hemp and not the kind from which rope is made.

I did find two FFL holders listed at that address, but looks like that business did not last long. Those machines do not look like they could make small arms ammunition.

1. Hausman, Robert M (0.00 miles)
    44 Hull Street
    Randolph, VT 05060
  2. Max Ammo LLC (0.00 miles)
    44 Hull St
    Randolph, VT 05060
Larry
Speaking of Hemp did anyone else notice the auction website is https://www.thcauction.com/ LOL
They must've been stoned and maxed out a line of credit discussing some business venture.
But in all seriousness I'm in Bethel, one town over, on occasion. I'm going to poke my head in there to satisfy my curiosity.

A Springdefiled!

Having done a few rather nice rustoleum paint jobs on machines in my day, the biggest question that comes to me looking at this ad, is when they were in the paint aisle at Lowes, looking at prices, trying to find the cheapest thing to slobber their machine with, why didn't they go with the machine gray rustoleum instead of the safety blue?

I wonder if they were like "Well, gray, that's no good. That's just what they'll be suspecting a used machine to be painted. I'll trick 'em. I'm going for Retina Blasting Blue! It'll look just like a new machine when I'm done!"

That's what I think happened. But who's to say.

Afaik there has to be an unknown to most of us rule somewhere that all used lathes some noob/rip off artist is trying to flip for 10X it's actual value have to be painted with that blue porch paint that's always applied with a broom. I suspect the poor aesthetics choice matches the machines condition exactly. Even worse are the one's painted with various clown car colors. I could buy a hell of a decent lathe already well tooled up for his $6200 and not in this lifetime price.

Afaik there has to be an unknown to most of us rule somewhere that all used lathes some noob/rip off artist is trying to flip for 10X it's actual value have to be painted with that blue porch paint that's always applied with a broom. I suspect the poor aesthetics choice matches the machines condition exactly. Even worse are the one's painted with various clown car colors. I could buy a hell of a decent lathe already well tooled up for his $6200 and not in this lifetime price.
The really expensive ones are always neon blue, so if you are going for top dollar, paint it neon blue:scratchchin:

Got to give that lathe guy some credit..he didn't paint the floor.
And he only got minimal paint on the ways too!

I was really interested in this masterpiece of blue perfection until I noticed that he forgot to paint the spot on the back where the carriage was sitting when he painted the rest of it. Guess I'll keep looking...
1667147845486.png

From a recent local auction.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20221115-062200_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221115-062200_Chrome.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 120
  • SmartSelect_20221115-062212_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221115-062212_Chrome.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Wow
Reactions: Ox

Back