What's new
What's new

Craigslist funny time

"THESE LATHES SELL FOR BETWEEN $10,000. AND $15000.00. ASKING $4000.00". LOL...usually we say to remove a zero for reality but in this case remove 2 zeros...😒

I bought 2 Gisholt #4's well tooled, with master collets and pads,etc. from Hardinge around 1982 for $150/all. Still use one occasionally for quick hole poking(spade drills) or rough hogging.
Well....they were Gisholt's......Ugh.

not so bothered by the price but the "want to sell it before it gets ruined by the weather" bit made me chuckle
00L0L_j00qfux3Fksz_0gw09i_600x450.jpg

A 1/32 parting wheel is easy to break just by putting it on a hub. I actually need one on my latest invention. If someone would buy it for me, I have a birthday coming up in January...
Thanks in advance for your generosity
Buck

Last edited:
So this is the c**p we have to deal with in California, but it is in "Excellent Condition" and it's only $11k. Check out photo 6.

or this one for $6800. Who treats their machines like this?

So this is the c**p we have to deal with in California, but it is in "Excellent Condition" and it's only $11k. Check out photo 6.

or this one for $6800. Who treats their machines like this?

There's no relationship to California there. Junk for big money is everywhere.

I've gotten tons of sweatheart deals on machines, equipment and vehicles in California. I've driven as far South as LA several times for deals. A friend just picked up a nice 2013 Powerstroke crewcab 4x4 in LA for $3000. Well worth $1000 in fuel to go fetch it.

Back