What's new
What's new

Daewoo Puma 8 Alarm Code # 16 & 17

Rockrunner86

Plastic
I have a 1996 Daewoo Puma 8S with the Fanuc 0T-C control On the machine control panel (not the Fanuc control) alarm I am getting a code 16 and 17. I have tried googling a solution.

I know it's likely time for a new lathe however this machine makes one simple part, it's made this same part for the last 10 - 11 years and still makes good parts.

I have photos of the error but can't seem to get them to upload to this forum.

Thank you,

Tyler

angelw

Diamond
I have a 1996 Daewoo Puma 8S with the Fanuc 0T-C control On the machine control panel (not the Fanuc control) alarm I am getting a code 16 and 17. I have tried googling a solution.

I know it's likely time for a new lathe however this machine makes one simple part, it's made this same part for the last 10 - 11 years and still makes good parts.

Thank you,

Tyler

Hello Tyler,
Alarm 16 is for the lubrication system and has two causes.

1. The Oil Level is too low.

2. If the Oil Level is OK, the alarm is being caused by the Oil Level signal cable.

The book I have on the machine shows alarms 17-20 being unassigned for the particular machine I have access to.

Regards,

Bill

Last edited:

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium

Thank you,

Tyler

I used to work for them:

According to my notes -

Alarm 16 is low oil level or low oil pressure. 17 is coolant or lube pump motor overload.
If the level is ok the next thing to do is drop the way lube tank. Most likely you'll find a load of what looks like "pond scum" in the bottom of the tank and the inlet filter is clogged as well.

Clean out the tank thoroughly and remove the inlet filter and clean that as well. Re-assemble and fill with fresh, clean way lube. Start the machine and let it idle for 10-15 minutes so the way lube system can work the air bubbles out. Should be good to get after that.

angelw

Diamond
Hi Tyler,
I checked the actual machine I referred to in my previous Post and notwithstanding that the paperwork for this machine states that machine alarms 17-20 are unassigned, 17 is indeed coolant or lube pump motor overload, as Doug mentioned.

Given that both alarms 16 and 17 are being raised, it's likely that the 17 alarm relates to the lube pump, rather that the coolant pump. If it is sludge that's causing the issue, you may have to clean the flow valves in the manifold units and disconnect the lube lines and blow them out.

I suspect that the Timer/Counter parameters for your machine will be the same as the client's machine I look after. Accordingly, running the machine for 10-15 minutes will yield no result with regards to clearing the Lube Lines. The default setting of the Lube Pump On and Off Timers is 15000 (timer parameter 320) and 900000 (timer parameter 325) respectively. The Timer Off period of 900000 is 15 minutes; accordingly, to prime the lines after any cleaning of oil lines, you should temporarily set a shorter Timer Off period in parameter 325. There should also be a Manual actuation button on the Lube Pump assembly to force the operation of the pump.

Regards,

Bill