What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 oil nipples - which thread?

Erik

Hot Rolled
Hi guys.

I am following Bruce's thread - and also others, that pop up because of his.

I happen to have the same problem, although I hope the damage is just a recent mistake.

Earlier I have looked at Ross's solution to the daily lubing, a one-shot oiler.

Now I have a used one-shot oiler, so I am looking at connectors and tubing.

(I am looking at Festo pneumatic connectors - can they be used for oil?)

But, not wanting to take my machine apart right now, I'll rather ask: Which thread
are the oil nippes on the left side of the vertical slide?

So I can have the parts waiting, when I decide to dismantle the machine.
Cheers
Erik

Hi Erik,

Did you find some suitable fittings? I had trouble finding something correct, in the end got two "L" fittings that are M8 x 1 and then have a compression-ring fitting for 6mm tubing. I suspect that the threads are tapered, in which case I will probably just run them through a threading die to recut them as straight M8 x 1, and use a bit of teflon tape or sealing compound to get a leakproof connection.

If you find some suitable Banjo fittings (where one can rotate the tube connection at will) please let me know so I can order the same.

Cheers,
Bruce

HI Erik,

I had to get two "L fittings" for the oiler system I am putting together. The fittings I had bought were M8 x 1mm TAPERED and only screwed in a couple of turns. I ran an M8 x 1mm tapping die over them, and then they were a perfect fit.

Conclusion: the oil nipples are M8 x 1mm straight thread.

Cheers,
Bruce

Sorry , i thought this was already covered...Bruce is correct...8x1.0 straight machine threads.
Did my hookup for the one shot lube with banjo bolts.

Cheers Ross

For 8 mm banjo's I had found a few of these fittings:

P1010484-M.jpg

The outer barrel was .310 in, close enough to thread 5/16-24 to be compatible with Trico's compression rings and nuts. I think a little too small for using the 8 mm hardware. As I only had a few this go around I am making them up by turning a 8 mm threaded barrel from brass stock and the banjo from some 12 mm. Then silver solder the 2 pieces together. I look around to find the fittings I had used in the past but no luck.

Best, John

Got the ones i used from "Metric & Multistandard".
Tried to find the part in their online catalogue...but their wed site is a joke....
They have in the print version an 8mm banjo that is made for sweating to tubing...
Tube size is 5mm (no threads ) And takes an 8mm banjo bolt...
Banjo #: 7642B (size 5) and the 8x1.0 hollow bolt is # 7643.
These are steel, not plated.

Pretty sure i silver soldered compression sittings to the banjos by opening up the ID slightly and fitting a male threaded double ended
coupling (one end) to the banjo. Used a standard "B" nut and ferrel at the other end.....
Cheers Ross

Back