What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3NC help needed with gearbox lubrication pump

Ditch31

Plastic
Hello from Australia. I have recently bought a Deckel FP3NC machine that had a issue with the original controller. I am retro fitting with a Small PLC and motion controller but i need help to program how the lubrication pumps are too work. I know the lube pump for the slideways are generally pulsed for a short amount of time per so many minutes of running. But can somebody with a Deckel tell me how the pump that supplies oil upto the gearbox and spindle works. ie. does it run all the time or does it run on start up for a short time to fill the gearbox then stop. If I run it for too long it empties the reservoir tank before it starts to return back to the tank via the return hose. Once the machine stops and sits for a while the oil all returns back to the tank. Hopefully someone can give me a description on how it originally should have worked so I can program the same operation into the PLC I am using. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Can you take a picture of the pump in question? There are a few different types of pump out there for machine tool lubrication systems, generally one is continous, one is Singe line resistance, and one is positive displacement injection. Each one works a little differently, but If I can see the pump and its model number information I can probably figure it out for you.

Hello from Australia. I have recently bought a Deckel FP3NC machine that had a issue with the original controller. I am retro fitting with a Small PLC and motion controller but i need help to program how the lubrication pumps are too work. I know the lube pump for the slideways are generally pulsed for a short amount of time per so many minutes of running. But can somebody with a Deckel tell me how the pump that supplies oil upto the gearbox and spindle works. ie. does it run all the time or does it run on start up for a short time to fill the gearbox then stop. If I run it for too long it empties the reservoir tank before it starts to return back to the tank via the return hose. Once the machine stops and sits for a while the oil all returns back to the tank. Hopefully someone can give me a description on how it originally should have worked so I can program the same operation into the PLC I am using. Thanks in advance for your help.
My 1986 vintage FP2NC only pumps oil to the vertical head upon startup, with a handful of pulses. The rest of the time, the drivetrain is splash lubricated. The gearbox pump does not pulse when in horizontal mode.

My old 84 FP3NC had one central lube pump. Gearbox was filled to the red line in sight glass with a gear box oil.

Back