What's new
What's new

Deckel FP4NC CNC 3301

EmcoDeckel

Plastic
Dear All,

Since some time I am the proud owner of this Deckel FP4NC with (very old-1980) CNC 3301 control.

I have 2 questions where I hope you gentle people can help me.

1) I have followed the procedure to lower the vertical head by 'moving' it to the horizontal 'head''
I probably gave one command too much when releasing the drive and now the hydraulic 'power'will not start up anymore.
Can anyone help me with this old CNC control and tell me how to get the machine in working state again?
I am 99% sure I did not break anything. If you need more info on what exact procedure I followed, please let me know and I describe in all details.
I still think I am a fool to lower the head and 'break' the machine while it initially was working just fine.

2) What is the force (NewtonMeters) each of the Deckel FP4NC servo motors need (on X,Y,Z and spindle axis)?
I got some information on the Gettys motors but those datasheets are almost impossible to read and very old (1980).
I am considering to do a full electronic retrofit on this beautifull Deckel as it is mechanically still in great shape.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Francois

Attachments

• Deckel_FP4NC.jpg
    Deckel_FP4NC.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,509
I am afraid you are the one one here who has a Deckel with a working 3301 control.

1) I have followed the procedure to lower the vertical head by 'moving' it to the horizontal 'head''
I probably gave one command too much when releasing the drive and now the hydraulic 'power'will not start up anymore.

I don't understand this, as far as I know this machine has no option for automation hor/ver head. Only a hydraulik controlled clamping for the tooling.

I am afraid you are the one one here who has a Deckel with a working 3301 control.
He probably has the only working 3301 control on Earth......except even his isn't "working" at the moment. As to suggestions on how to fix the problem all I can figure is to scan the manual pages that relate to vertical to horizontal changeover and post them here and maybe one of us can figure it out from that.

A few years ago I was in a German workshop and they had a few Deckels runnning with even older controls.

A few years ago I was in a German workshop and they had a few Deckels runnning with even older controls.
"A few years ago" those machines were brand new ;) I wonder if any of those you saw a few years ago are right now still running ?

I wonder if any of those you saw a few years ago are right now still running ?

I don't know. But I admit these Deckels with the older controls are not the type of machine you would invest a lot of money in to get them running again after a break-down. For reasonable money you can find yourself a Deckel with a dialog 3 or 4 control. Also older machines, but the control has a lot more capabilaties, and more knowledge available for repairs.

Hello All,

Hi,

I have the same one, I just buy it from a technical college.
It also have a 3301 control and Gettys motors.
As this machine has only run for 2000 hours in aluminium,the mecanics are as new.
So my idee is to retrofit it.

So my idee is to retrofit it.
lurch4.jpg

Uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg................

I think you need a new sticky at the top of the Deckel page in reference to new discussions about retrofits.

-Peter

I think you need a new sticky at the top of the Deckel page in reference to new discussions about retrofits.

-Peter
What should it say ? Perhaps in FAQ form..

1. For those of you tempted to retrofit a CNC Deckel or Maho mill with new controls, here is your reality pill... uh, no you are not...
2. For those of you tempted to retrofit a manual Deckel or Maho to CNC.... you are insane...

That's my lazy short answers. Now we need Ross or others to write the ten page thesis as to why they are not ;)

I still think the all time winner in CNC Deckel Fantasy Land is Wiggo who was going to recreate an entire Dialog 11 control.

My retrofit plans are to run everything with my I-phone....think there is an app coming out next week ....I understand it all works via the 4G connection so i can make parts while home watching U-tube....
Thinking this will free so much shop space as i will be able to sell off this pile of control parts i have been hording....
Cheers Ross

My retrofit plans are to run everything with my I-phone....think there is an app coming out next week ....I understand it all works via the 4G connection so i can make parts while home watching U-tube....
Thinking this will free so much shop space as i will be able to sell off this pile of control parts i have been hording....
Cheers Ross
Just wait for the iPhone 6 and you can 3D print sintered titanium parts and use the Deckels only for repair of those old beater vehicles you deal with.

Back