What's new
What's new

deleting "conversations"

Marty Feldman

Titanium
Here we go again. In an earlier and frustrating thread, an attempt was made to discover the hidden trick for what, in the old software, was an easy, intuitive maneuver: deleting old and unwanted PMs (now for some reason miscalled "conversations"). It seemed as though the answer was to check ("x") each unwanted conversation and then, when one would "leave" the conversation section the checked ones would disappear. That does not seem to work for me. I check off, say, 20 old conversations, that turns them salmon colored, then, if I get the action menu at the bottom of the conversation list the menu does not include Delete. Maybe I do not know how to "leave" conversations. If I try to "leave" conversations just by switching to another forum, like General, and then go back to conversations, the checked conversations are still there salmon colored and checked. If I exit PM altogether and then log on again, the previously checked conversations are all there but unchecked and not salmon colored.

Sorry for the long winded question, and for still grumbling about missing the old software.

-Marty-

If you click on the "conversation", there is a box on the upper right that says "leave" click that, confirm it, and it's gone. Going thru that reminds me of the Lord High Executioner's song in the Mikado, by Gilbert & Sullivan

If you click on the "conversation", there is a box on the upper right that says "leave" click that, confirm it, and it's gone. Going thru that reminds me of the Lord High Executioner's song in the Mikado, by Gilbert & Sullivan
Thanks Richard. With what you say being the case, [1] what is the point of having a check box for each conversation? and [2] your method implies that conversations can only be deleted one at a time, not batch deleted. Is that right?

The policy of Defer, defer does not sit well.

-Marty-

Thanks Richard. With what you say being the case, [1] what is the point of having a check box for each conversation? and [2] your method implies that conversations can only be deleted one at a time, not batch deleted. Is that right?

The policy of Defer, defer does not sit well.

-Marty-
If you use the checkbox to select a bunch of messages, you can then use the menu at the very bottom of the page to 'Leave' all of them at once.
1677696233745.png

Much appreciated, jaguar36. I just did a batch delete, successfully, using what you said.
It is not clear what the rationale was for dropping the universally used designation "Delete" and substituting for it the word "Leave" which is used in the new PM - incorrectly - to mean Delete.

-Marty-

Back