What's new
What's new

Depth and Groove Bore Gauges from Reliant Industries

SynViks

Plastic
Just thought I'd share some unique vintage gauges I got recently made by a brand that I cannot find any information on.

PXL-20220821-081208932-2.jpg

PXL-20220821-081237842-2.jpg

PXL-20220821-081306971-MP-2.jpg

Depth gauge with adjustable depth via set screw. Has many different rods, including a foot rod for measuring depth of grooves. Seems kind of like a Mueller 700.

s-l1600(5)~2.jpg

s-l1600(4)~9.jpg

So this is a three contact point bore gauge for measuring the diameter of grooves in a bore. Never seen this kind of design before. Hasn't arrived in the mail yet so haven't been able to dig in. Has quite a range from ~1/4" to ~2".

Wondering if anyone has heard of this Reliant Industries company? Know their story or have experience with some of their measuring tools?

A little update

Seems like the at some point this "Reliant Industries" company became Mueller. The reliant depth gauge eventually became the Mueller 700 and the groove gauge became the Meuller 900:

The Reliant three point contact groove/bore gauge had sizes that went up to ~ 5" via two kits. Required a lot of small, intricate, expensive parts and needs a setting ring to zero. I can see why this kit was no longer produced in favor of two point systems which are cheaper with larger range and fewer parts. Super cool though.

Last edited:

Back