What's new
What's new

Dial Caliper measurements

Bro...the kid is looking for beginner info...he gives not 1 fuck about your gadgets (although I will capitulate and say they are neat). Add something useful or move along.
Just trying not to mess up, not looking to make this rocket science either, Thank you for saying this!

And to be honest did not mean to get this thread into a fighting thread.

New to this and already made a fight, Whoops, HAHA! :D

And to be honest did not mean to get this thread into a fighting thread.

New to this and already made a fight, Whoops, HAHA! :D

It is a good thread..
Everybody does not have a new Monarch EE, a brand new best measuring device and 40 years in a trade..

You better put sugar in you coffee or we are going to Duke city... not.

Bet you can find a number of guys who never measured with spring calipers.. I did to the micrometer and on the fly.

Master diameter might be a gauge or a closely inspected part. Perhaps one checked with a micrometer or a plate check.

As i showed in one of the videos a bearing, measured first with a calibrated micrometer, is an excellent master. A small bearing can even be kept in the caliper box.

Which is all great if the parts you are machining are flat and square under a micron like a gauge block, otherwise.....real parts and that is where the rubber hits the road.
Only a rookie works with gauge blocks which is why you have gold, silver, and working masters.
Perhaps my world is way different as 50,000 parts must fit 50,000 others from the other side of the earth or oh-shit somebody is gonna get fired.
Be assured, managers and supervisors get kicked to the road here for a defect on the line.
Bob
If you use micrometers to rough out parts, then you're wasting time.

I wasn't implying that you could calibrate gauge blocks with a caliper, but you know what I meant. It's good to know how your caliper scales to different sizes.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone! I will try not to create another pissing match again!

I didn't regard it as one. If it was it certainly wasn't your fault :cheers:

Concentrate on the posts you found informative and helpful. Let everything else "go in one ear and out the other".

I will take everyones thoughts into thought and make sure that I try several of everyones tips

Back