What's new
What's new

Dialog 11 hangs after CMOS CHECKSUM OK

Regarding to the strange things with the spindle and the x-axis, are there somewhere some other (maybe "custom") values I have to set, like offsets or other parameters that got lost when resetting the control, but aren't in the machineparameters?
Not for the FP2A and FP3NC D11 machines I have owned. Have lost and restored parameters in those many times and nothing was needed for full machine operation other than to upload the parameters from my laptop computer.

For really strange problems that make no sense, in my experience the solution is usually resetting or Stabilant application of socketed IC's. Since you don't know for sure at this point which module that sort of problem may be coming from the easiest and quickest way to confirm or deny that a socketed IC is the problem, is Stabilant applied via a small bottle with syringe type tip. This way one can coat the legs of multiple IC's without having to reseat them.

I found out that at least one of the parameters didn't get stored properly . It was one that had something to do with the X-axis reach values. That explained the stange X-axis problem. Nomather what I tried, I couldn't get the proper value stored.
So once again took the NPC board out, took it apart and reseated all the IC's, don't have the contact cleaner yet.
Since I had my infrared petrol heater on (it's not exactly SoCal weather around here), I decided to warm the board up gently.
When I placed it back and booted the machine, I could finally store the single parameter!

When booting up in RUN mode, the X-axis homes like normal and even the spindle runs! Everything is back to normal.

Thanks helping me out Don. Do you know if it's possible to transfer the tool list to a laptop so I can have a backup in case something like this happens again? There's nothing about it in my D11 documentation, so I'm afraid it can't be done...

When booting up in RUN mode, the X-axis homes like normal and even the spindle runs! Everything is back to normal.

Thanks helping me out Don. Do you know if it's possible to transfer the tool list to a laptop so I can have a backup in case something like this happens again? There's nothing about it in my D11 documentation, so I'm afraid it can't be done...
Excellent ! Re tool list, maybe not... not sure about D11, but I know from experience on a 1991 Maho MH800C mill with tool changer and Phillips 432 that tool info has to be input manually after a loss of constants.

Back