What's new
What's new

Differences between mast profiles

Kaang

I have question about mast profiles.There are four profiles related to masts, I am thinking of using u profile or h profile in my project, but I have no information about their differences. I would appreciate it if you could inform me about the differences between J type , U type , H type and Toyota type mast profiles.

Images of the profiles are attached below.

Ekran Alıntısı.jpg

DDoug

I have question about mast profiles.There are four profiles related to masts, I am thinking of using u profile or h profile in my project, but I have no information about their differences. I would appreciate it if you could inform me about the differences between J type , U type , H type and Toyota type mast profiles.

Images of the profiles are attached below.

View attachment 335559

Are you able to purchase those ?
I always heard those profiles were custom rolled for the lift truck manufs.

DDoug

We are thinking to buy whole mast system, but like i said i gotta know the differences

If your buying the "whole system" then simply LOOK at the "whole system".

Each has it's strengths & weakness's.

Don't try to Micro design the mast yourself.

magneticanomaly

This is a type of unanswerable question. Say you have concept A and concept B. If you have a well-designed, well-made and well-maintained example of Concept A, it will be better than a poorly done and maintained example of B. But get the details of B better, and compare it to a sloppy A, then B is better.

All the styles work. For you, does "better" mean cheaper to manufacture in a given quantity for a given nominal load? Does it mean lowest lifecycle cost for the end-user? Absolute longest life? Minimum weight per capacity? Are you buying a forklift, or designing one?

magneticanomaly

A good rule for successful design is to steal. More polite way to say it is, study existing designs. Talk to maintencance shops to find out about failure modes. What needs to be different about your design, compared to existing designs?