What's new
What's new

Difficulty in obtaining Georg Fisher/Charmilles PM

wire mike

Plastic
Hello,
Any of you you have as much difficulty as I am getting GF to come perform a PM
on your Wire EDM? It took us months to get anyone to respond to emails/phone messages
and finally after contacting several different people in the chain of command and giving them a PO
for the service, its still been months with no word from them. Are they just that overwhelmed that
its almost to get service from them?

I don't know about GF because we have Mits machines instead of Charmilles, but I was in the same boat as you for Mits. Months on months of calling attempting to schedule with either no response or they say they'll be down in a month but never send a PO and never come. We finally have a PM for today where they are officially coming down, all it took was our general manager hounding there sales rep. for a whole week.

Best of Luck,
-AGMantz

Thanks for the reply...I am guessing they are all behind because of covid and the
difficulty of having enough trained staff to go around. Would be nice to have communication though!
When I first started running a GF machine 18 years ago the support was incredible, they can be very
hard to reach now, but still helpful if you get a human.

I think most manufactures are having a really tough time finding service techs. It takes a lot of training and most don't last long due to all the travel.

Thanks for the reply...I am guessing they are all behind because of covid and the
difficulty of having enough trained staff to go around. Would be nice to have communication though!
When I first started running a GF machine 18 years ago the support was incredible, they can be very
hard to reach now, but still helpful if you get a human.
Yea it's one thing if they let you know that they are running behind or don't have enough service techs to go around but the communication with Mits was unusually terrible, normally they are super good about getting back to you(at least in my experience). They were supposed to come in last week Monday for our PM, never showed and didn't email or call until I reached out and asked what was going on.🙄

I found just being annoying and constantly calling eventually worked for me. Sorry not sorry, I need my machines checked up on.

Regards,
-AGMantz

Back