What's new
What's new

Disable (and remove) Robodrill Pallet Changer - anyone done it?

p-terp

Plastic
We have two older Robodrills (1999 and 2000) with pallet changers. Neither pallet changer works (we had one working when we got the machine, but it kept having problems that is was more hassle than it was worth.).

We want to fully remove the pallet changers simply to make more room, and not need to have them connected. We have made new side panels and currently have the pallet changers on a skid sitting behind the robo's. They are still connected, because if they aren't the machines alarm out.

Anybody have any idea the parameters needed to disable to pallet changer?
Curious if anyone else has done the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

I have the Fanuc robodrill manuals, along with a parameters manual. But haven't found anything yet about the pallet changers.

This is for an f series robodrill with 31i-A5 control. Not sure if it's the same for your machine:
Robodrill Pallet Changer Keep Relay Info

Physical connections were modular and easy to trace back. I took the left rear roof panel off and fed all cabling and hoses over to the table along with the junction box that was hanging up. It required I think 3 electrical connectors, some power lines to the changer and the hydraulic lines. I didn't have to disconnect any individual wires other than the power.

If you want to take the changer off of the table, you need to unload the pallet before disabling the keep relay. My table has zero wear but lots of staining from the coolant trapped under the changer.

I keep wanting to use the hydraulic unit for something. It's the quietest hydraulic pump I've ever heard.

Good luck,
Mike

Worked great! Can't believe how easy that was. Thanks Mike!

This is for an f series robodrill with 31i-A5 control. Not sure if it's the same for your machine:
Robodrill Pallet Changer Keep Relay Info

Physical connections were modular and easy to trace back. I took the left rear roof panel off and fed all cabling and hoses over to the table along with the junction box that was hanging up. It required I think 3 electrical connectors, some power lines to the changer and the hydraulic lines. I didn't have to disconnect any individual wires other than the power.

If you want to take the changer off of the table, you need to unload the pallet before disabling the keep relay. My table has zero wear but lots of staining from the coolant trapped under the changer.

I keep wanting to use the hydraulic unit for something. It's the quietest hydraulic pump I've ever heard.

Good luck,
Mike

We have two older Robodrills (1999 and 2000) with pallet changers. Neither pallet changer works (we had one working when we got the machine, but it kept having problems that is was more hassle than it was worth.).

We want to fully remove the pallet changers simply to make more room, and not need to have them connected. We have made new side panels and currently have the pallet changers on a skid sitting behind the robo's. They are still connected, because if they aren't the machines alarm out.

Anybody have any idea the parameters needed to disable to pallet changer?
Curious if anyone else has done the same thing?

Thanks in advance!
Hello p-terp,do you remember how set initial condition the pallet?? we wish to work with the pallet but we don’t have the manual. thank you

I had my batteries go dead, put new batteries, manually put in all my parameters, did the system restart through the quick nc. It no longer knew or asked about the pallet charger.

Back