What's new
What's new

Do all ml bandsaw wiring

Digdoug

Plastic
I recently acquired a do all ml 3081 bandsaw and it is wired currently for 440 three phase. I would like to convert it to 220 three phase. The wiring diagram on the motor shows low and high voltage wiring. The wiring diagram is missing from under the junction box lid. Can anyone help me with finding a wiring diagram or anyone who has converted one to 220 three phase from 440 three phase. All help is appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
How many leads come out of the windings. If only three, you may be out of luck. I bought a Cincinnati Monoset cutter grinder that had the 1/4HP motor that would run on 440 V only. There were only three leads coming out of the windings. Rather than fool with a transformer, I had the windings replaced with a six lead winding. Cost me $125.00 about ten years ago.

JH

Wiring changes from 220 to 440 is the same BUT!!! before you change the wiring on the motor post the connections here as the motor is wired now. There 2 type of motor windings Delta and Wye. Most motors are Wye connected but there are Delta motors too! There should be tags with numbers on the motor leads. Post what wire number is connected to what.
If the wires are not numbered do not disconnect them! Get some type of wire markers and tag each wire before disconnecting them so that you know how the motor was connected and assumed to be connected correctly if it was being used as wired on 440VAC.

Last edited:

Back