What's new
What's new

Doosan DVF500 pm questions

Paull1979

Plastic
I have two Dvf 5000 machines at work. I just started with this company a few months back and with my background in production and supervisor roles. My boss has tasked me with coming up with a pm schedule for these things. The only problem is my knowledge base is with plastic blending and grinding and warehousing. So far no one I have spoken with at either Doosan or Ellison has been of any help other than telling me to get ahold of the other. Doosan won't give any information out. And Ellison hell we got a brand new NHP sitting in the shop and has been sitting for at least the past 3 months that Ellison is still not finished setting up. Can someone please help me out with what needs to be done or checked at least half ass looked over. We are getting a 2233 spindle tool clamp/unclamp sensor alarm. I'm sure this is due to the lack of pm before I came into the picture. Any help is greatly appreciated

Ha! I just fixed this issue today on my DVF. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would show you the sensor you need to clean. You will need to take off the stationary silver cover to get to it. It is on the left side as you look at the machine. There is a pocket in the casting that allows you access to it. It will either have a green or red led lit up. Use a 3mm allen to get the screws out. Careful not to drop them. Note the orientation and pull out to clean.

Sorry you are also having trouble with Ellison. The only way I would buy another machine from them is if they signed a contract to cover X amount of dollars for everyday my machine sat idler while waiting for them to setup.

I can follow up with what to look for as far as pm when Im not running a machine.

66749370308__0470EFD3-7C8B-49AA-AA47-4179450CBA23.jpg

Here is the sensor you are looking for and its location. Alarm is not due to lack of maintenance, just happens over time. You can look at the side of the machine for needed lubes and intervals to check. Coordinate with the operator as to what they have to do daily, weekly, monthly to keep the machine going. Likely...

Check/dump skimmer tank twice a day
Check coolant level daily
Check oil level daily (Keep some ISO 32 on hand)
Check Coolant chiller level daily, weekly (Keep 5 gallons of Velocite on hand)
Check grease cartridge weekly (Keep 2 cartridges on hand)

Back