What's new
What's new

Doosan Dvf5000 help needed

Paull1979

Plastic
99999.jpg
I am pretty sure that i know what all these are just am not sure on what to check and where. If anyone can give me some direction it would be greatly appreciated. I know our ellison tech should know all this stuff also but with me on 3rd shift and trying to do pms as i can its hard for me to just get ahold of him. If it helps its a 2020 dvf5000

Should be able to look at the schematic on the side of the machine to see the location of most of the checks.

Were these part of the new preventative maintenance initiative by your boss?

Should be able to look at the schematic on the side of the machine to see the location of most of the checks.

Were these part of the new preventative maintenance initiative by your boss?
yeah something like that. With the one machine being down he is gung ho about keeping up with everything on this one

Those are just timers telling someone to actually check a fluid level, drain a regulator. If you get a message for one, that is all it is usually, a message. It does not create a machine stop of any kind. Simply changing the elapsed time back to the timer setting, then the message goes away. If there is no button that will let you change the setting, try hitting the E-Stop. There should be a button labelled "Change", that will let you set the value back from "0" to what ever the initial timer is set to. These are just preventive maintenance timers.

Those are just timers telling someone to actually check a fluid level, drain a regulator. If you get a message for one, that is all it is usually, a message. It does not create a machine stop of any kind. Simply changing the elapsed time back to the timer setting, then the message goes away. If there is no button that will let you change the setting, try hitting the E-Stop. There should be a button labelled "Change", that will let you set the value back from "0" to what ever the initial timer is set to. These are just preventive maintenance timers.
Locknut that’s what we are wanting to know is there actually something we should be looking at on these or is it just something that Doosan and Ellison put in there to get us to pay them for the time of getting a tech out there

Locknut that’s what we are wanting to know is there actually something we should be looking at on these or is it just something that Doosan and Ellison put in there to get us to pay them for the time of getting a tech out there
There is no need to call Ellison for this. This IS a preventive maintenance that an operator or owner should do. It takes 5 minutes to set the expired timer back to default value. Of course, after giving the whole machine a once over. For me, that's the purpose.

There is no need to call Ellison for this. This IS a preventive maintenance that an operator or owner should do. It takes 5 minutes to set the expired timer back to default value. Of course, after giving the whole machine a once over. For me, that's the purpose.
Thank you very much locknut. At 43 years old i am a newbie to this stuff. I have run production for quite a long time but not this type. My previous experience is all in a plastics factory. Not much computer controlled there.

Thank you very much locknut. At 43 years old i am a newbie to this stuff. I have run production for quite a long time but not this type. My previous experience is all in a plastics factory. Not much computer controlled there.
Well, you did find that page. In the lower left corner there will be a soft key labelled "Change". Press that and you can then reset the timer to it's initial value. Checking each of those isn't going to tell you much unless you are a service tech or have one in-house. You could call Ellison but they are only going to do what I just told you. Those items last a LOT longer than the intervals specified. Like I said, for me, they just keep me aware that things need to be checked periodically. Those items will eventually throw up a message when the time runs out but won't keep the machine from running. But the message won't go away with a reset, only when you reset the timer.

Back