What's new
What's new

Doosan Lynx 200 Turret Issue / Fanuc 2023

jasapp

Plastic
I bought a 2000 Daewoo Lynx 200LC back in January. It has a Fanuc 21T controller. I've had pretty good luck with it, but about 3 weeks ago it started missing the correct tool during a tool change. If I was at tool 1, and selected tool 7, it would end up at tool 9 or 10 and give me a 2023 error. It happens intermittently, and if I select another tool first, before the one I wanted I could usually pull the correct tool up without a 2023. It never failed to lock the turret in place either.

I had a local machine repair shop come look at it. After their repair guy looked at a diagnostics screen and the bits on X1005 while selecting different tools for awhile, he concluded the rotary encoder on the turret was bad. When I pressed him for details on why he thought that, he just said it was bad. He was a nice guy, said they could order the part for me and they could install it or I could. Then he showed me how I'd clock the new encoder by watching the bits on X1005 if I installed it.

My Daewoo manual indicated the rotary encoder was a BALLUFF BRGE1-WFE12-EP-P-R-K-02, however when I removed the encoder it was a Kwangwoo RAA-001207-2102. There was also a questionable wiring job between the encoder and the plug that I'd guess wasn't Daewoo's work.

Any thoughts on if the rotary encoder is actually bad? If so, should I order a Kwangwoo or Balluff encoder? Any other suggestions?

26516213473_54f6a0464b_z.jpg

The only way to know is to check those splices and re-wire them. If you find a bad wire I would correct it and install the encoder and see if it works. It's worth a shot.

As far as the correct encoder I would get in touch with Doosan and see if they can reference the BOM for your machine by the serial number.

Call us here at Doosan in New Jersey and talk to a service rep. 973-618-2500. Phone calls are free and we still support all Daewoo lathes. Someone may have changed that encoder in the past. Have the machine model and serial number if/when you call.

Paul

Doosan Field Service Technician, here.

The Balluff and Kwangwoo are semi-interchangeable. The wire colors are different and the orientation tool is different. Toolpost 1 vs. toolpost 12
We have tech-docs to support the changeover.
I have attached one, here.
View attachment tec16_15.pdf

Back