What's new
What's new

Doosan Vs Feeler VMC

sprocketdt

Plastic
Looking at purchasing a new vertical milling machine, and have narrowed it down to the Doosan Mynx 7500 and the feeler 1650. I have seen a bunch of feed back on doosan machines, but not much on Feelers. Has anyone used both and tell me which machine they prefer? The feeler is less expensive, but I havent bought a taiwanese machine before. We have a Doosan ( daewoo ) that we have run for the past 15 years, and its been pretty solid. Both boxway machines, and we side mill flame cut T1 steel most of the time

Thanks for any input

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Looking at purchasing a new vertical milling machine, and have narrowed it down to the Doosan Mynx 7500 and the feeler 1650. I have seen a bunch of feed back on doosan machines, but not much on Feelers. Has anyone used both and tell me which machine they prefer? The feeler is less expensive, but I havent bought a taiwanese machine before. We have a Doosan ( daewoo ) that we have run for the past 15 years, and its been pretty solid. Both boxway machines, and we side mill flame cut T1 steel most of the time

Thanks for any input

I'm a bit biased as I used to work for Doosan so my vote is for the Mynx. Traditional heavy box way construction, geared head, CAT50 spindle, heavy, dense, fine grain castings, it's the way to go.

I've never had a Feeler but I've had other Taiwanese machines and I've been underwhelmed at best, pissed off at worst. There's a reason why it's so much cheaper and you have to ask yourself why.

One thing is how its built behind the covers. Doosan's are put together right, and parts and support are there. As for the other guys, well, maybe.

My previous experience was with some "bargain" machines that had oil lines that went nowhere, and bearings/screws that were dry from day one. Bare wires in the control cabinet. Lack of parts. Sparse documentation.

Maybe Feeler is a decent machine, but with large price difference over a mid-range machine like Doosan, it would at least have me wondering.

barbter

Diamond
Are you saying both the Doosan you're looking at and the Feeler are both box way ie like for like?
Because like for like is important of course.

I owned 3x from new, 2x were factory built specials because of the spec.
Great machines and exceptional value for money.
But these were high speed (15k) drill tap machines.

TBH, if you have a Doosan and it works well and you know the service centre etc, makes sense to get a 2nd...

sprocketdt

Plastic
Are you saying both the Doosan you're looking at and the Feeler are both box way ie like for like?
Because like for like is important of course.

I owned 3x from new, 2x were factory built specials because of the spec.
Great machines and exceptional value for money.
But these were high speed (15k) drill tap machines.

TBH, if you have a Doosan and it works well and you know the service centre etc, makes sense to get a 2nd...

Yes they are both Boxway machines. Which machines were exceptional value? the Doosan or the Feeler?