What's new
What's new

Doosan vs Hwacheon

cgrim3

Cast Iron
Hi,

We are in the market for a 3 axis mill and narrowed our search down to the Hwacheon Hi M1300 due to table size and spindle speed. I was wondering if other people here had experience with Hwacheon machines and how they compare to machines like Okuma or Doosan for example.

Thanks,

Chris

TAIWA NUMBA WAAN

Aluminum
Doosan and Hwacheon are both Korean builders and some of their products are nearly identical, or at least indistinguishable except for the sheet metal. Hwacheon builds machines just as well as Doosan but has fewer sold in the USA as far as I know.

The machine you asked about is a BT30 bridge / gantry type with a semi-enclosed table. The spindle is 5.5kw, and they say its for "mock ups" which I think means it's not intended for steel cutting or heavy machining. It looks to be somewhere between a heavy duty router and a light duty gantry, max tool size 16mm (5/8ths) in the BT30 spindle means no facemilling or big drills.

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Hi,

We are in the market for a 3 axis mill and narrowed our search down to the Hwacheon Hi M1300 due to table size and spindle speed. I was wondering if other people here had experience with Hwacheon machines and how they compare to machines like Okuma or Doosan for example.

Thanks,

Chris
Apples and oranges. The Doosan is a great value. Lots of machine for the money. It's not an Okuma which is a vastly more expensive machine.
Hwacheon is decent. A Korean MTB just like Doosan, they're a good value. Not as plentiful here in the US as the home market.