What's new
What's new

doubts about the bolt of the fgc-9

Bradock

Plastic
hello my friends, I was looking at the pdf file of the construction of the bolt of the fgc-9, and I could not see the fitting for the cartridge (completely straight) and neither the extractor. Is something wrong or is it just like that?Screenshot_20220606-170132_OneDrive.jpg

June 6th. Sorry buddy if this was a stupid question as i have never seen a bolt without the cartridge and extractor fitting. In the pdf file it says it's finished and there's no mention of what I believe it's missing. I'm just a hobbyist and I ask you to forgive me for my ignorance. If you want to help me I would appreciate it very much.

June 6th. Sorry buddy if this was a stupid question as i have never seen a bolt without the cartridge and extractor fitting. In the pdf file it says it's finished and there's no mention of what I believe it's missing. I'm just a hobbyist and I ask you to forgive me for my ignorance. If you want to help me I would appreciate it very much.

Sorry, it just looked like you might not have been serious with what looks like sloppy globs of weld hand sanded and pressed into a 3D printed plastic housing asking if it's supposed to look that way. I didn't fully understand what the FGC-9 is supposed to be.

Took a quick look at the design and it does in fact look flat except for the hole for the firing pin. Could it be that the pressure and/or recoil is supposed to cause the spent case to exit the chamber?

I'm also asking myself the same question. I've never seen a bolt without a cartridge slot before. I'm also asking myself the same question. I've never seen a bolt without a cartridge slot before. The most curious thing is that this gun was designed to use a glock barrel, and this in turn keeps the cartridge out of the chamber. This bolt cannot be finished.images (2).jpeg

Hi my friend, I got the answer from an Fgc-9 builder. He told me that the bolt doesn't have a slot for the cartridge and extractor, because the cartridge is expelled due to the burning pressure and is ejected by a paddle ejector. I believed that the gap between the cartridge and the slide would be a problem, but this issue is detailed in the project and there seems to be no problem.Screenshot_20220607-085532_Drive.jpg

It will work - as long as you do not have a failed cartridge, in which case you have to extract it manually by inserting some rod from the muzzle end.

I find the whole FGC to be a rather peculiar mix of ingenuity (the ECM-manufactured barrel), kind of sloppiness (absence of the extractor) and outright stupidity (use of PLA which melts quite easily, print direction for some stressed parts etc.).

Back