What's new
What's new

Downsizing...and for 5 good reasons

I thought you were downsizing?

8600sqft is downsizing from where we were in the old industrial park. Machines come and go depending on the parts we need. I really don't feel married to equipment like I used to feel in the early 90s. Eventually the employees will buy me out ( best case, worst we go belly up) and I will be left with indoor mini golf and hot rod storage but until then I need to facilitate without compromising safety and getting cramped is unsafe for us.

Seems like you should be able to find up to 2T blades for something like that eh?

But why would you want even a 6T if you are cutting 1/8" wall?

Sure seem to have some awfully big toys for such a small new building...
???

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
In addition we keep well organized and any mess that is made is cleaned up that day. It's the only way I have found to keep sanity and maintain morale over the years. When your lean you can utilize space much more efficiently. We could have 50 cnc mills in there if it was cad'ed out right. We designed the layout so we have clearance and waste very few sqft.

We finished hooking up the in floor heat. No leaks makes me feel pretty good. For decades I have dealt with cold feet, cold knees and generally a crappy coldness from the wast down working in a factory. This should please everyone that works here and visits. This is a closed system with a 3 phase boiler. It has an auto fill from a well and is a 95 gallon system. I will try to answer any questions about it but am not an expert by any means. I really didnt like the pressure differential before the red pump but was assured it would keep the pump alive. And I get to post from a members place here who hepled me along the way. Thanks Speedie!

infloorheatclosedsystem.jpg

Wow in floor heat...it took 12 hours to get the floor warm and it keeps the entire building at around 70 degrees at chest height. The boiler barely runs and the floor isn't really warm warm to the touch. I guess the insulation paid off bigtime ..this time.

I really like the in-floor heat in my shop. Have had many compliments from others who stop in and realize how comfortable it is. You will be so happy to have gone that route.

I really like the in-floor heat in my shop. Have had many compliments from others who stop in and realize how comfortable it is. You will be so happy to have gone that route.

I hear you its almost like your working in the summertime without the sweet air. No more cold feet and the floor is staying around 76 degrees which means no cold or no coolant starting off too hot.

Here you go Matt. His new,used VF10 and it shows that nobody gave half a shit to wipe down a $300K machine every now and again. When I owned a shop I took pride in my machines and kept them clean. You cannot find an emplohyee with that kind of dedication. And it shows here.

vf10here2.jpg

Here you go Matt. His new,used VF10 and it shows that nobody gave half a shit to wipe down a $300K machine every now and again. When I owned a shop I took pride in my machines and kept them clean. You cannot find an emplohyee with that kind of dedication. And it shows here.

View attachment 93762

Progession, Agression, Depression its the MAXI P.A.D. of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Your welcome almost any time. But right now my personal time and work time are one as I just had my second girl 31 hours ago. The move being relative was not all I want it to be but definately what I expected. Lots of hidden expenses leads to dancing on a razors edge some months.

Your welcome almost any time. But right now my personal time and work time are one as I just had my second girl 31 hours ago. The move being relative was not all I want it to be but definately what I expected. Lots of hidden expenses leads to dancing on a razors edge some months.

I know that dance all too well! Pay down the debt if there is any, that way you're not a slave to the bank every month. If you run into a slow month it's not so painful. Good luck and congratulations dad!

David N and Proturn Matt we should get together for a meal sometime. I always have time for new friends and would love to BS with you guys. When the air is flowing slower from my nostrils I will have time.

IAMatt, we should get together sometime! It's been extremely busy for me lately so maybe in April sometime? That seems to 8always be a slower month.

That would be great. I am on the northside so we are all within maybe 1.5hrs of eachother. I will show °some shop pics soon.

Well the AC is going in...thank GOD~! 6ton Bryant air handler and a 6 ton Lennox condenser. The jockeys were using one of the forklifts with a LOOSE FRIGGEN PALLET to install the ductwork. We built a total of 5 rooms. Office, bathroom, mechanical and 2 other rooms I am not sure what we will do to utilize them effectively. This shop with AC and in floor heat should hold a decent temp at chest height but the floor will fluctuate 20 degrees or so. The coolant temp change should be alright for what we are doing right now. In the past we held 2 degrees in the coolant and machined large aluminum gears for assembly lines. The only way to guarantee the dimensions was to float the aluminum and use coolant at the right temperature. That was a fun job :(

I will throw up some pics as soon as the last door goes in.

Back