What's new
What's new

Dual contact Renishaw holder?

ManualEd

Stainless
Probably a stupid question.
My new mill is getting setup this week. I ordered all 50 taper dual contact tools and wont interchange with non-DC to avoid getting dirt/chips on that face.

However, the Renishaw probe holder that came with the machine isn't dual contact.

It should be fine as you'll never have chips and coolant flying around while probing.

Are there any concerns with coolant/chips running down the spindle and working its way to the spindle face?

I don't want to be a dink and demand they send a DC holder if this is typical.

Thanks

My new mill is getting setup this week. I ordered all 50 taper dual contact tools and wont interchange with non-DC to avoid getting dirt/chips on that face.

However, the Renishaw probe holder that came with the machine isn't dual contact.

It should be fine as you'll never have chips and coolant flying around while probing.

Are there any concerns with coolant/chips running down the spindle and working its way to the spindle face?

Thanks

Get a capto back end for your probe and a DC capto holder.

Thanks
Half our holders are dual contact, the other half are not. The Renishaw all of our machines came with from the dealer is not dual contact and they are 3 different brand machine's all with different dealers.

DC and non dc mixing is a problem if you make chips on standard, hey pack in gap between spindle nose and holder shoulder, and then you compress it with DC holder, however probe is not making chips, thus it is non-issue.

Half our holders are dual contact, the other half are not. The Renishaw all of our machines came with from the dealer is not dual contact and they are 3 different brand machine's all with different dealers.
Good enough for me. I can't find a DC holder on the Renishaw website so I'll call it a non issue.
If we do end up with problems somehow I'll go with gregormarwick's suggestion.
Thanks for the help.

Back