What's new
What's new

DUMORE Tool Post Grinders Parts

abextra

Plastic
Does anyone have a good place to buy tool post grinder supplies even if not Dumore brand?.

Need to start a new thread over in the tooling for sale section next time.

I've bought wheels and belts from McMaster-Carr with no issues. Very reasonable prices compared to buying the Dumore brand.

Went looking for Spindle/Quill Info and parts on my Dumore 5-021 series T.P.G. today and thought I would share the source I found.. Sopko & Sons in Cleveland, Ohio.
Link to Sopko

It looks like Dumore has cornered the market on 3/8" dia Arbor stones. Any one here ever checkout 3/8 to 1/2" adapters?
Thx
Rob

Unrelated but Sopko was very helpful as a source for flat belts for my K.O. Lee T&C Grinder. Very nice people to deal with.

I have a motor, I believe 5-021, with mount etc but no spindles or any other accessories that I’d be willing to let go. It is in very good condition. Can send pics if anyone is interested

Last edited:
Merged the old posts from the unrelated thread here.

Explain a little better what you're trying to do as regards the ⅜" to ½" adapters and you'll get better answers.
arbor diameter to allow more types of wheels.

I used to open ID wheel holes with a carbide drill with a slow-turning drill with a drill press (drill need not be sharp and if it starts running too small throw it away). just any simple turned part/sleeve to fill a hole to make it smaller. Blotters should be used.

I've used manila folder to make 'em before.
and cereal box stock is good/OK .
The intention/purpose of the blotter is to allow high facets of the abrasive stones/grits to have a place to go rather than pushing into the structure of the wheel where they might act like a chisel to crack the wheel.
The word blotter suggests that it will soak up those high grit points.

(X) The likes of computer copy paper is too thin to do any blotting (soaking up the high points)...(X*).
I stick a blotter on the wheel with a few dabs of Elmer's glue because that can be soaked off. Norton likely used the sam /like glue because Norton blotters could be soaked off. Reusing an old blotter I put the notation facing the wheel if it is going on a not the same grit and hardness wheel.
The blotter should be a size that will stop the flange from touching the wheel ..and a little larger/exposed so the operator can see that there is a blotter in place.

*X..->My handy note system. when you mark or see an (X) on a part or on a print You know or suspect there is something wrong. An (X) with an initial denotes who added the (X)
I would Mark "(X) JB" on something that I saw or suspected some problem, perhaps an X and an arrow pointing to a defect, perhaps an X on apart where the size is right on the limit so the inspector is sure to notice.

Last edited:
One last comment on Sopko. When I asked about bearings for my spindles they told me my spindles were very old and that I should consider newer ones. 🤣 The original NORMA HOFFMAN E-16 bearings are about $30 each and are also known as E-16-SKF E-16-********* & E16-NSK and are 38mmOD x 16mm ID x 10mm wide. Hav'nt found any good steel 3/8" x 1/2" bushings yet.

and cereal box stock is good/OK .
The intention/purpose of the blotter is to allow high facets of the abrasive stones/grits to have a place to go rather than pushing into the structure of the wheel where they might act like a chisel to crack the wheel.
The word blotter suggests that it will soak up those high grit points.

(X) The likes of computer copy paper is too thin to do any blotting (soaking up the high points)...(X*).
I stick a blotter on the wheel with a few dabs of Elmer's glue because that can be soaked off. Norton likely used the sam /like glue because Norton blotters could be soaked off. Reusing an old blotter I put the notation facing the wheel if it is going on a not the same grit and hardness wheel.
The blotter should be a size that will stop the flange from touching the wheel ..and a little larger/exposed so the operator can see that there is a blotter in place.

*X..->My handy note system. when you mark or see an (X) on a part or on a print You know or suspect there is something wrong. An (X) with an initial denotes who added the (X)
I would Mark "(X) JB" on something that I saw or suspected some problem, perhaps an X and an arrow pointing to a defect, perhaps an X on apart where the size is right on the limit so the inspector is sure to notice.

Yup, cereal box is good, and cardboard from the back of a notepad too. I always write "NFG" where there's a problem rather than an X, :D

Hav'nt found any good steel 3/8" x 1/2" bushings yet.

You don't have a lathe?

QT Eric...(I always write "NFG" where there's a problem).. but if you have a big bruiser in that shop you could end up with a sour nose.

Nah, I AM the big bruiser, lol. But anyway, I always got along good with everybody. May be that those two are related? :D

Generally we all did that. And I wouldn't have any hard feelings toward anyone who wrote it on a part of mine if I blew a size. I have written it on my own mistakes a few times...

Yup, cereal box is good, and cardboard from the back of a notepad too. I always write "NFG" where there's a problem rather than an X,

You don't have a lathe?
Sure I have a lathe! But my time is worth more than $10 P/hr
I could make a screw driver but I would rather buy one. :D

Back