What's new
What's new

Durbin Durco "fence stretcher"(?) strill in service

magneticanomaly

Titanium
Maybe this should go under "antique", but here is one of my favorite old pieces of iron still pulling, in this case a stone weighing about 400 lb. Probably a harder pull than that becuse the stone was doing quite a bit of bulldozing on the way to its new home.

Attachments

• CIMG1883.jpg
    CIMG1883.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 106
If you've got more to do, just pick up the stone and slide a piece of HDPE under it before the pull... ;)

But seriously, if you have a surplus IBC totes hanging around, their plastic tops/corners/slides make great 'sleds' for pulling all sorts of stuff without killing the lawn or carving new glacial grooves in your landscape. I'm cutting some up to ease the task of winching fallen timbers up out of a ravine this summer. Doesn't make them lighter, but keeps their nose up out of the muck.

A car hood makes a fair stone-boat. Of courseyou have to get the stone onto it. Should have taken a pic of my 1931 Farmall dragging the 3000lb stone we pulled out of the garden a few weeks ago. Had the tractor front wheels off the ground for about ten feet, getting stone across a little slough.

If you've got more to do, just pick up the stone and slide a piece of HDPE under it before the pull... ;)

But seriously, if you have a surplus IBC totes hanging around, their plastic tops/corners/slides make great 'sleds' for pulling all sorts of stuff without killing the lawn or carving new glacial grooves in your landscape. I'm cutting some up to ease the task of winching fallen timbers up out of a ravine this summer. Doesn't make them lighter, but keeps their nose up out of the muck.

There are things made for this: logging cones....

Pretty slick (har!), and they do work, primarily for avoiding stumps and getting small trees between the winch cable/choker chain and the log. Really saves time walking back and forth between the winch and the log, not to mention the hassle of rolling/ budging the log.

Back