What's new
What's new

Dynapath Delta 40 "Press F1" Problem

JMan1018

Plastic
Hello All,
We have an olf Tree Mill with an Autocon DynaPath control on it. Recently it was moved, and our maintenance department replaced the coin battery on the motherboard. Now we have a message as it boots up saying press F1 for setup. I found an old keyboard to connect and pressed F1 to go into the CMOS. I’m guessing it lost all the information in the CMOS. It doesn’t recognize the hard drive. How do we get the information back into the CMOS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jody

You'll have to set the date and time first. Then, depending on the BIOS ver. you can select the hard drive type. I had a Delta 50 and the hard drive type had to be manually entered by selecting type 47. Then you have to enter the drive parameters manually for Cylinders, Heads, and Sectors. These should be stated on the hard drive label.
You will also have to activate/enable other peripherals if needed like floppy drive, serial port(s), etc. When finished hit F10 to save and reboot.

Where was the "coin" battery? Typically, people confuse the option key which looks exactly like a coin cell. If that's the case I hope they did not throw it away, they are getting scarce even at Dynapath and will set you back $200+ if they still have any.

Back