What's new
What's new

E-Stop problem after changing battery?

Ishtar

Plastic
Hi all

I have a Hardinge Quest 8/51. I changed the APC batteries about a month ago with no issues, and today I changed the control battery as I had a low battery alarm.

After changing the battery though I can no longer release the E-Stop as part of the usual procedure.

Usual procedure is: power on control> after booting pull E-Stop to 1st position> wait 2 seconds> pull E-Stop to 2nd position (and release)> verify door switch.

No matter what I do I can't get past the "pull E-Stop to 2nd position" phase. As this point the machine would normally spring into life and clear the E-Stop condition but now nothing happens.

I've tried putting the old battery back in, and I've also tried taking the screen off to make sure I didn't knock anything loose.

I can still navigate to my offsets etc. so the control buttons appear to be working.

TIA

I have a Hardinge Elite 42M that uses the same power up sequence. I think my E-stop button is going bad because sometimes I have the same problem as you. To get around the issue, I pull out the E-stop before powering on the control. So, switch the first two steps in your procedure above. This always works for me. I would give it a try.

I have a Hardinge Elite 42M that uses the same power up sequence. I think my E-stop button is going bad because sometimes I have the same problem as you. To get around the issue, I pull out the E-stop before powering on the control. So, switch the first two steps in your procedure above. This always works for me. I would give it a try.

Thanks, this seems to be working for me too! I'll try to find another e stop button.

I changed the battery with the control off as per the maintenance manual.

Thanks!

Back