What's new
What's new

Early Deckel S0 bits to make, need pics and dimensions

Peter.

Titanium
I'm renovating an early Deckel S0 and I'm missing some bits. I will make those parts but I have no idea what they look like, and searches just bring up the later type parts. Mine is an early machine with parallel spindle.

Can anyone send me pics and possibly dimensions please for:

Wheel nut (the one with M20 x 1 thread)
Wheel outer clamp plate. (I have the inner one which is pinned to the pulley, but not the outer one)
Collet draw-in nut with the buttress thread. I don't need the thread dimensions as I will turn a thread to suit the vertex collets I have, just general dimensions and a pic so I can make it at least look somewhat original.

Also a nice-to-have would details for the dressing tool but I'll be using CBN wheels so not really critical as you can't dress those with a diamond.

Thanks
Pete.

Made a new wheel nut in the end, M20 x 1mm pitch thread.

1693290044222.png

Also made some new locking levers to replace the 3 missing ones

1693290115033.png

And this makes the machine complete and functional. I do have a question however. On the radial scale ring that allows you to set the angle for the swivel there is a tiny grub screw. Does anyone know it's purpose?

Made a new wheel nut in the end, M20 x 1mm pitch thread.

View attachment 406753

View attachment 406758

And this makes the machine complete and functional. I do have a question however. On the radial scale ring that allows you to set the angle for the swivel there is a tiny grub screw. Does anyone know it's purpose?
It may be the stop screw if I remember correctly. If you need a lollipop cutter for machining snatches on a mold you need to grind past ninety degrees. You remove the stop screw to do this.

Great making. Have you use some trick so he lever ends in a postion where it doen't get in between with other stuff, or perhaps on the SO that doesn't matter?

Great making. Have you use some trick so he lever ends in a postion where it doen't get in between with other stuff, or perhaps on the SO that doesn't matter?

I was concerned about this. I made them all at least 1 pitch over-length so that I could adjust the lever angle by filing the end, but in fact all of the levers can turn without fouling any other by design.

Back