What's new
What's new

"Easy" incline with a manual pallet jack?

surplusjohn

Diamond
When I used to buy machinery for resale it was seldom in an ideal location for moving. Had to go up down around often on iffy floors in crappy old buildings. More than once I ran a cable to the truck to tug something along. If you are on even a gentle incline it is worthwhile to strap the load to the pallet jack. I once moved a Thompson die cutter that was something like 10k lbs maybe more. I had a narrow fork 10k pallet Jack and a regular crown jack. I jacked up the press and let it down on the two pallet Jack's then strapped everything together really good ran a cable to the truck and pulled it up a ramp to a low dock that was made from heavy timbers. Part of the dock broke thru but we just kept everything moving . Then to get it on the truck we added a snap block and were able to cheat it onto the truck. Dont ask. Anyways the point is. I forget

Cole2534

Diamond
Somewhere on this forum there are pics of a guy that made a little tugger for this type of work, it was a very simple arrangement woth a cordless drill as the power.

If I recall correctly-
He took a small worm drive gear box, maybe from a roto-tiller(?), hooked up some tires and a long handle with foot. The foot provided lift to the load and down force to the tires. Set the drill to lo and crank away.

It was really quite elegant.

Food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Glock34

Plastic
Why not just build the building at the height you need it, then jack and block the shipping container to the same height? Then you, or someone down the line, won't have a building with a sloped floor that could be a problem if, for instance, you wanted to expand your machining section into the warehouse area.
Another suggestion: used electric pallet jacks aren't that expensive.

Good luck,
Ted