What's new
What's new

EasyFix Sleeves but Shorter for Double Boring Bar Holder?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hey. I was wondering what the best alternative is for EasyFix Sleeves/Collets when you´re limited length-wise. Let's say I have a double boring bar holder that's 70mm wide. That would limit me to collets that are 35mm long or less. The bore in the holder is ⌀25mm and I'm trying to reduce this to 16, 12, 10, 8, and 6mm. Does something like this exist or do I have to make my own collets? Any ideas?

EasyFix 1.png

The detent pin that locates the bar in the easy fix sleeve is at the very end of the bore. When I have needed a shorter sleeve, I just parted off the back end of the sleeve and it has worked out fine.

When I have needed a shorter sleeve, I just parted off the back end of the sleeve and it has worked out fine.
Wouldn't that split the sleeve in half? I would need to cut off at least 21mm. Maybe it would be possible to hold it together with some kind of flexible epoxy or rubber material. What do you think?

Wouldn't that split the sleeve in half? I would need to cut off at least 21mm. Maybe it would be possible to hold it together with some kind of flexible epoxy or rubber material. What do you think?
The easy fix sleeves that I have are the older style and you are right, the newer style could be a problem cutting them off.

I've got some that are Ø1.0 and just short of 2" under the flange that we use in dual sided boring blocks. Maybe you could find some used older style Easy FIx sleeves online?

Back