What's new
What's new

encoder for Bridgeport V2XT Series 1

pathwizard

Plastic
I have a Bridgeport Series 1 that has a broken encoder/resolver. These are difficult to find. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that's done a retrofit and have one left over they'd like to sell.

Attachments

• BridgeportSeries1-encoder.png
    BridgeportSeries1-encoder.png
    877 KB · Views: 11
I have a Bridgeport Series 1 that has a broken encoder/resolver. These are difficult to find. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that's done a retrofit and have one left over they'd like to sell.
Did you try Electro Mechanical Integrators in the Philadelphia area? When
I converted my V2XT to a Centroid control I sold them my old control.

It's a 250 line encoder with TTL outputs. That should be pretty easy to cross even if you can't find an original one. Do you have schematics to show if it is a differential or a single ended signal?

Looks like its differential. Here is the schematic. So you think I can find a 5V, 250 line encoder and correctly wire it in and it should work?

Attachments

• BridgeportSeries1-encoder-schem.png
    BridgeportSeries1-encoder-schem.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 2
I found this one that seems to meet the requirements.
except it won't fit into the existing space. I'll keep looking. If you know of any smaller ones, please let me know.
Thanks for the guidance.

I'd check out a Koy TRD-S series from Automation Direct. Not sure if it suits the space or mounting options your old setup has, but the Koyo is a good product and low cost.

Back