What's new
What's new

Enshu DTL machining centers, does anyone here use them, I found some for cheap

kustomizer

Diamond
I have been thinking about a small cnc router then I ran across these but I don't know anything about them.

2 Enshu Model DTL - 30 taper CNC machining centers with rotary pallet changers. These are high speed, (10,000 RPM), high production machines. One has a Fanuc CNC control, the other a Yasnac CNC control. Price includes lots of toolholders.

Both machines were purchased a few years ago but never hooked up, as business changed and we never had the opportunity to use them. Both were functioning when purchased and are being sold "as is". They have been continually housed in our climate controlled facility.

Buy them both for only $4500 - a fraction of our purchase price! Can load.

Those look exactly like my 1996 S300, but it doesn't have the rotating table option. I have had it since 2004 and it had an extremely hard life from stupid operators and totally brain dead maintenance people. It is a Japanese made simple production machine that is easy to work on, extremely reliable, low power use, low air use, and the control integration is very good on mine. There is no spindle chiller and all the components are high quality. They are fixed table and the bridge design isn't the stiffest so they are not good for real hogging. Drawbar retention is at most 500lbs and the spindles are easy/cheap to rebuild. The last I checked Enshu has a $750 "registration" fee before they will either sell parts or talk to you. What you get for the $750 is a FULL set of ALL documentation, in real English, and phone tech for life. They also have a very good stock of parts and the prices are reasonable, all things considered. When you do need tech help it is very good.

Things I see in the add. The toolholders look like trash both from the length of many of them and the way they are stored, plus one big one looks like it spun in the spindle from a crash. It looks like the Fanuc machine's shutter door to protect the carousel is broken, which mine was when I got it, so ask about them. I have a cad model of the part if you want to make a new arm, as long as the door itself isn't trashed. Make sure none of the turrets are damaged with destroyed pockets, this is a very common problem with this machine. Confirm the Y axis ball screw covers are good and the bellows covers are all in good condition and in place. Ask about the Y axis rail condition at the ends towards the front of the machine. The bellows covers don't protect them from coolant ingress, mine looked like they had been soaked in salt water for 6 months. Mine doesn't have any overides so that is a PITA, especially with crisp 1400 ipm rapids on all three axis. It is a real butt cheek clencher when testing a program for the first time. I would be worried about the parameters being lost sitting for that long, especially if the Yasnac is an i80 with absolute encoders. If it is a J50 then I would be far less worried.

They may be quite good machines for production but you won't know until you get them.

Mine is 15.7"x19.7"x11.8" and the spindle nose can only get down to 7.9" above the table, the rotating table may change that. It holds 16 tools too. Mine weighs 8,000 lbs but most of that is in the base casting. Mine does have the mounting points for the rotating table so I doubt much is different.

I think I am going to go back to looking at routers, I really want something with a small footprint, I don't want a toy but in thinking about it another VMC is more than I need for this project.

If you are interested in these they are here:

2 Enshu Machining Centers - tools - by owner - sale
2 Enshu Model DTL - 30 taper CNC machining centers with rotary pallet changers. These are high speed, (10,000 RPM), high production machines. One has a Fanuc CNC control, the other a Yasnac CNC control. Price includes lots of toolholders.

Both machines were purchased a few years ago but never hooked up, as business changed and we never had the opportunity to use them. Both were functioning when purchased and are being sold "as is". They have been continually housed in our climate controlled facility.

Buy them both for only $4500 - a fraction of our purchase price! Can load. Nothing to do with me, here it is

Harry Neumann

text:
(406) 253-1009

00u0u_f6NYNAkdl0iz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01616_hyN0CxKOKvcz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00B0B_h2pTCFHrPUAz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00y0y_1f51PgloHJIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

About a week after I purchased my small Takisawa mill one of these popped up in the Bay Area for $1500 in excellent condition. It was a Howa with a 16 Fanuc, looked identical to the Enshus. I'd have bought it in a heartbeat if I hadn't already gone another direction.

2 weeks ago there was a free 50x100 2 head CNC router with a Fanuc 0-M control on Portland craigslist. I was first in line to take it, but the guy didn't believe me that I could move it myself and I wasn't about to pay rigging for a machine I didn't need

I just started looking, the router I would like would be a table top thing with perhaps 6" x 18" travel, In that type of size I am only finding kit type things that run off a laptop or the like, I would prefer a built in dedicated computer and I don't want a kit.

Back