What's new
What's new

Erickson 400 and 600 pneumatic speed indexers $300 Portland, OR

Garwood

Diamond
Two Erickson model 400 air indexers and one model 600 indexer. These should be all complete and working fine, though I have not used them. I think one is missing the sheetmetal cover plate on the back. Includes a reprint of the parts and instruction manual.

$300 cash for all picked up Southwest of Portland, OR

No interest? Trades? I can't bring myself to scrap them, but they're either getting sold now or getting burried in the back of a storage trailer where nobody will see them until I'm gone and my kids scrap everything. lol.

These are pretty neat. Hell of a lot cheaper than a CNC indexer and just as good for most things.

I have never heard of these before.
What controls the rotation distance/amount?
I tried looking them up, but I don't see much information about them.

They use a masking plate like a manual indexer, but it uses notches in the periphery with cogs driven by air cylinders. You set the stroke of the advance cylinder thereby controlling the index amount. Very simple, very fast.

I would be over there in a minute with cash at that price but it is a long drive down to Portland.
I do have one question about how they work. Are you limited to indexing by the increment on the plate? Or can you index any distance you want? My guess is that you are limited to the increment or any variation within the plates range. I saw one pic that showed what appeared to be a 24 hole plate.

I would be over there in a minute with cash at that price but it is a long drive down to Portland.
I do have one question about how they work. Are you limited to indexing by the increment on the plate? Or can you index any distance you want? My guess is that you are limited to the increment or any variation within the plates range. I saw one pic that showed what appeared to be a 24 hole plate.

Yes, you can't index to an increment that's not on the plate. I think 90 degrees is the max index per stroke, but you can program your cnc to double or triple stroke it with M-codes or a bump switch. I think the video I posted is using a bump switch in Y.

You can index to any increment you want if you cut a custom plate. The plates would be simple to cut. I'd laser a blank and finish the slots on a CNC mill if I needed higher accuracy.

Sorry for not wanting to ship. And I know I didn't try very hard to sell, no pictures. I didn't want to invest any time into pulling them out of their boxes and getting the right light, etc. These are heavy. They all have substantial steel baseplates on them, faceplates and control boxes. The 600 is well over 150 pounds. I just don't have the time/bandwidth to build a crate and deal with it. Thought I'd offer up a smoking deal to a local. I want to say I paid $500+ for the model 600 and around $400 a piece for the model 400's when I bought them a decade ago. I think the manual was over $50 too.

I'm going to consider this opportunity closed. The indexers are all packed in the front of a semi trailer for long term storage at this time.

Thanks for looking!

Garwood,
It never hurts to ask! I did not realize they were so heavy. I totally understand why you do not want to ship. I am surprised no one local raced over to pick those up at that price. PM members have let you down, a very rare occurrence on the parts for sale forum.

Back