What's new
What's new

Export Controls . . . only when convenient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's "sew", you ninny. Unless you meant "sow", as in planting some button seeds to harvest Armani suits.

Although, given English's flexibility, you might wind up with a field of female pigs. Or bears, I guess...
It is the response my mother would give to force me to use complete sentences [if I replied 'so']

Your inability to counter what I wrote is noted.

Heh.
no point in countering gibberish and assinine assumptions. i've stated NUMEROUS times here that i'm not a republican or a democrat, yet you continue putting me in some fantasy camp of yours. fuck off with that shit and we can continue reasonable conversation. until then i'm done with you.

no point in countering gibberish and assinine assumptions. i've stated NUMEROUS times here that i'm not a republican or a democrat, yet you continue putting me in some fantasy camp of yours. fuck off with that shit and we can continue reasonable conversation. until then i'm done with you.

More mood swings than my ex...

It's fine with me if you stamp your feet and run off. I will still hope that your kin are safe, I'll still hope that Ukraine beats back the Russian invasion. I am not going to tailor what I say to keep you happy, as frankly I have no idea which way you'll blow at any given moment.

Last edited:
Your argument is relatively well placed...but you are keenly focused on all the stupid things the US did and seem to overlook other factors...a huge one of which is China stole massive amounts of IP in their pursuit of becoming where they are today.

I clearly can remember as a youngster thinking how stupid we were (all countries) who welcomed China into the world economy. The thought was that China would get a taste of capitalism then join the capitalist world, leaving communism in its wake. As history has shown, that's hardly been the case. We should have recognized them as communists and kept them at bay.,,,not opened the door and trusted them with a key.
Yeah..."trusted them with a key"
Actually....In many cases U.S. companies hoping to gain Chinese markets took a knee, bowed thier heads, and not only supplied the technology but helped finance it, and in turn China was known to reward some of those perceived to have influence.
Of course, China is really good at exploiting our weakness in many areas.
No use crying over spilled milk as they say.

More mood swings than my ex...

It's fine with me if you stamp your feet and run off. I will still hope that your kin are safe, I'll still hope that Ukraine beats back the Russian invasion. I am not going to tailor what I say to keep you happy, as frankly I have no idea which way you'll blow at any given moment.
not a mood swing bud, stop putting me in your imaginary camps, what you're doing is approaching slander.

Perhaps...but it would be a good idea to stop spilling milk.

Along that line, this is a really good video describing some background on attempts to limit tech transfer, and what happens when there's cheating. It focuses on the 1987 Toshiba milling machines used for Russian sub propellers, but covers more:

not a mood swing bud, stop putting me in your imaginary camps, what you're doing is approaching slander.

With all that's gone on in this thread (and ones previous), this is what you focus on? When the vast number of your remarks regarding Dems play right into Repug playbooks?

Yeah, you're not winning that court case.

With all that's gone on in this thread (and ones previous), this is what you focus on? When the vast number of your remarks regarding Dems play right into Repug playbooks?

its more than just this thread, the proverbial cup is very close to overflowing with your constant ridiculous assumptions about me, its old, and completely wrong. i never voted for trump, never will, neither will i ever vote for a republican or democrat. i'm fucking sick and tired of your imaginary perception of me. FUCKING STOP.

Mr. Milland,
Previously you posted you do not identify as either Democrat or Republican....Correct?

Mr. Milland,
Previously you posted you do not identify as either Democrat or Republican....Correct?

No, you're confusing me with someone else. I generally vote D, simply because the current version of the R party is so overrun with liars and dictator-wannabes that they're repugnant to me. I vote freedom and progress, something the D's do better right now.

i'm gonna start calling him a stupid monkey if he doesnt stop referring to me as a republican.

You...

Really need to take a break. Not sure why you're this exercised over your perception, but being this wound up can't healthy for you.

I go by what you say as to how you lean politically - no labels needed.

Perhaps...but it would be a good idea to stop spilling milk.
One would think so but it is not very difficult to do some simple searches to find that U.S. companies along with thier counterparts over much of the world will continue to do business in China the same as China does business in the U.S., and likely Russia does business in the U.S., and, other countries. (despite what is claimed)
Anytime one of our politicians rant and rave about the evil Chinese you can bet there is a guy from China is behind a curtain, or playing chaeuffer, or dating one or more of those gas bags in D.C., or in the corporate front office. Hell, word is being a "consultant" pays off big time depending on who mommie or daddy is.

We only have ourselves to blame. On PM there are dumb asses claiming to make CNC purchasing decisions based on a PBS article from a Ukraine news source..... and guaranteed you will see that type of crap parroted elsewhere. WTF

We really truly are a stupid collection of people when we buy into some of the crap fed to us.

And....there was this one time long ago when we watched our plant manager walking a bunch if foreigners through the plant with cameras (long ago) all blazing away...yeah, we've been doing stupid shit a very long time.

Last edited:
You...

Really need to take a break. Not sure why you're this exercised over your perception, but being this wound up can't healthy for you.

I go by what you say as to how you lean politically - no labels needed.
and you really need to stop ASSuming. i'm not worked up, just making a simple statement that you are completely off base with your labeling of me.

One would think so but it is not very difficult to do some simple searches to find that U.S. companies along with thier counterparts over much of the world will continue to do business in China the same as China does business in the U.S., and likely Russia does business in the U.S., and, other countries. (despite what us claimed)
Anytime one of our politicians rant and rave about the evil Chinese you can bet there is a guy from China behind a curtain, or playing chaeuffer, or dating one or more of those gas bags in D.C., or in the corporate front office.

We only have ourselves to blame. On PM there are dumb asses claiming to make CNC purchasing decisions based on a PBS article from a Ukraine news source..... and guaranteed you will see that type of crap parroted elsewhere. WTF

We really truly are a stupid collection of people when we buy into some of the crap fed to us.
i'll never buy a haas, but sure as hell not because of this stupid article, lol.
plenty of reasons out there to not buy their garbage machines.

and you really need to stop ASSuming. i'm not worked up, just making a simple statement that you are completely off base with your labeling of me.

Again, I am not labeling you. I'm pointing out that you do post a lot of anti-Biden stuff, even when he's working hard to support Ukraine. It's not unfair to look at that and judge how you think politically.

Again, I am not labeling you. I'm pointing out that you do post a lot of anti-Biden stuff, even when he's working hard to support Ukraine. It's not unfair to look at that and judge how you think politically.
anti-biden does NOT mean pro trump, how thick is your skull to not be able to comprehend that? anti-war in ukraine does NOT mean pro russia. the world is not black and white, there are more than 2 parties, it IS possible to have a good AND bad opinion about someone like trump OR biden. get out of your single sided frame of mind dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back