What's new
What's new

F-2.52 Finish - Anyone know what this is?

Mickey_D

Stainless
I am working on some quotes this evening that call out a F-2.52 finish and I don't have a listing or cross on it. I suspect that it is aircraft (these are destructive testing parts), but the buyer has not provided details and are of course chomping at the bit for a quote. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

You're missing a spec. F-2.52 is most likely the section and line # of some stupid spec.

That stupid spec # is on that print somewhere, maybe in the notes.

When I run across crap like that, I'm not spending 3 days trying to find a damn spec. Ask the person you are quoting it for what the hell it is.
Or just quote it minus finish.

Your customer should know what it is, otherwise, just slap some Rustoleum on those parts and ship 'em.

Somebody might come along that knows. F252... that crappy yellow paint, or a passivate or cad, or phosphate, or bond lube, or electro lube, or the crappy grey paint, or
the shiny white stuff.

It is a new customer, hot quote, my guess is that whatever finish this is will take twice as long to get done as actually making the parts and of course will make the parts late and the customer mad.

Off he cuff,what in the hell could be referenced to about a 100 thou, 2.52 MM. Worst we had was 500, and that was just for burnouts that were not concentric. If it interfered, take a high feed and get that stock out of the way.

I will eagerly await anyone who can explain what in the hell 2.52 MM has to do with measurement of surface finish. And I do not even have any irons in the fire.

George.

Why run all over the place and talk to everyone who may not even guess correctly, when you should ask the clown who wants it???? He is the one who's going to pay you and he should know what he's asking for. If you ask him, he then knows you actually care about giving him a good part. CALL him.

Rant off...

Regards,

Stan-

Back